Forum Discussion

Ilike2bike
Hustlin' Helper
2 years ago

Points per hour, are you doing well?

Has anyone in NYC been able to make 90 angel points in an hour? Because I figured that's about minimum wage, so therefore it's one way to measure your success. I can't seem to even make 90 points in 2 hours. Curious to hear about other bike angels with this in NYC. Perhaps it's easier in other areas, or different times, & being in better shape helps too.

15 Replies

Ilike2bike
    Hustlin' Helper

I think I made 90 points in less than 2 hours today, but I still feel like it's not great.  They can improve the incentives, like allowing for net positive points would improve the situation.

Jess
      Bike Angels Team

Hey there, Ilike2bike, thanks for sharing! Can you provide a bit more detail about what you mean by net positive points? I'd like to hear more to make sure I'm understanding 😊

Ilike2bike
        Hustlin' Helper

An example would be if you pick up at a 12 point pick up station & drop off at a 3 point pick up station, instead of getting the net positive 9 points, you get no points & your 3x boost streak is ended.

Sean
    Steady Solver

For me personally in NYC, that $15/hour range has been about the top pace I’ve achieved. But that has been when everything is in alignment.

Last month was good for my local neighborhood, but in July the points have shifted and I need to venture further afield. On top of it all, my neighborhood is full of hills, which can slow rides down. I’m often riding up a hill and going back down to get a bike. Good for my exercise needs, but maybe I should change my user name to Sisyphus? 

My general average has been about $8/9/10 per hour, though I have become (slightly) better at point hunting. 

I have met a few of the top leaderboard riders, and they do seem to make a full day job of it, as well as being copacetic about riding the ebbs and flows of points. Some days are good, some are not. 

Ilike2bike
      Hustlin' Helper

Thank you Sean, that was the type of local feedback I was looking for, I have very similar experience regarding hills, venturing to other areas, etc, and the other day I made 45 points in half hour (equivalent of NYC minimum wage $15/hr), but  that was a rare instance of  "everything is in alignment". 

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

Hi.

Would you please share the math how 90 pts works out to minimum wage?

I guess, what's the points/cash exchange rate and is there a minimum to redeem?

Thanks

Ilike2bike
      Hustlin' Helper

90 points in an hour- if you can do it-  is just about Minimum wage in NYC. Minimum wage in NYC is 15/hr. 10 points = 1.70. So 90 points is $15.30 . Though I realize this forum covers other cities & therefore it can be confusing. Different cities, different situations. This question was directed for NYC Angels. No offense.

jm
        Hustlin' Helper

Appreciate the help.

So... I've had 350 pts days. If Chicago had the cash option, that would be $59.50.

Interesting.

I wonder how many hours a day the top Citibike LEADERBOARD people have to ride to achieve those numbers.

At 90 pts an hour, that's a lot of hours per day.

Currently, 9 days in and 11K, that's 1,200pts/day and at 90/hr = 13 hours.

Wow!