Forum Discussion

heikkij
Steady Solver
11 months ago

Lyft app gets blank notifications

Seems to happen after the Biketown app update, with credits towards bank, instead of directly into Lyft credit.

Please fix

Thanks

• Hi, heikkij, thanks for your reply about the notification issues. I've reported this to our team for investigation. The details and photos you provided will be super helpful! ðŸ‘¼

5 Replies

jenniferrp
    Bike Angels Team

Hi heikkij ! Thanks for reporting this issue with the BIKETOWN app. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble and want to get to the bottom of it. 

Would you provide more details in regard to exactly what's happening with the app? That will help us identify whether or not there is a bug going. Any screenshots you can provide would be helpful as well. 

heikkij
      Steady Solver

So here is an example. Before any rides, the Lyft app shows no notifications.

Once a bike has been returned, the Lyft app shows "You have credit for you next ride".

The Biketown app shows the actual notification, and if you view the Notifications in Lyft, all the Notifications are old (I was out today, Sept 28, the Notifications are a month old).
      My guess is that both apps get Notified, but Lyft doesn't know what to do with the notification and just shows "You have credit for your next ride". 
      For credit nowadays, you need to purchase credit in the Biketown app. 
      Its also weird why low battery notifications go to Lyft, not to Biketown. Same thing when you accidentally ride into a geo-blocked area.

Jess
        Bike Angels Team

Hi, heikkij, thanks for your reply about the notification issues. I've reported this to our team for investigation. The details and photos you provided will be super helpful! ðŸ‘¼