Forum Discussion

robertripps
Casual Commenter
25 days ago

Citi Bike app no longer shows ride completion notification

Sometime between Friday evening and Sunday morning, the Citi Bike app stopped notifying me, and showing me the points total earned, when I complete rides. I checked, and the phone is still set to allow notifications from Citi Bike, the app is still set to allow notifications, I have restarted the phone, I’ve made sure I have the latest version of the Citi Bike app – version 15.7 6.3, but for some reason after each ride I no longer get my end of ride notifications on the lock screen. Has something changed with the app, or the way it works? Is anyone else experiencing this? Using an iPhone, with iOS version 17.6.1. Thanks.

nina
    23 days ago

Hi Robert! Thank you for your patience as our technical team investigated this error. After review, we can confirm that app notifications are sent from our end without any issues.

From a recent Apple community post, we see that people have reported issues with not receiving notifications from certain apps since upgrading to iOS Version 17.6. Please try contacting Apple support regarding this issue, and let us know if you are still in need of further assistance. 

Apple community post - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255703260?sortBy=rank 

Jerv3
    Steady Solver

So I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Now getting the push notifications 

Jess
      Bike Angels Team

Hey there, Jerv3sorry to hear you've been having issues with notifications as well. Glad to hear you were able to get this sorted out. Please let me know if I'm missing something, and you're still experiencing issues. 

• Hi Robert! We haven't heard of other users experiencing this issue, so we will flag it with the technical team and reach back out. Thank you for your patience as we look into this!

robertripps
      Casual Commenter

Hi, any update on this? It’s really frustrating as after every ride, I now have to pull out the phone, click on the app twice to clear it- I never understood that and why that is necessary, as all that tapping is a total waste of time and effort – then go down and tap again to see my angel points total, to make sure that I got proper credit for that ride. Previously, when it worked, I was able to get the notifications on the lock screen, or recently, just see the end of ride notification and points right on my new smart watch. Thanks.

nina

Hi Robert! Thank you for your patience as our technical team investigated this error. After review, we can confirm that app notifications are sent from our end without any issues.

From a recent Apple community post, we see that people have reported issues with not receiving notifications from certain apps since upgrading to iOS Version 17.6. Please try contacting Apple support regarding this issue, and let us know if you are still in need of further assistance. 

Apple community post - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255703260?sortBy=rank