Forum Discussion

Throcky
Casual Commenter
3 years ago

Don't do it!

Logically, signing up for Pink would remove you from Bike Angels, right?  Why would Lyft undermine Bike Angels when they are doing such a poor job of balancing the bikes?

FREE UPGRADE

All the perks, all the glory

because you're a valued Citi Bike® member, we're offering you a free upgrade to a Lyft Pink annual plan.

7 Replies

Tyler
    Bike Angels Team

Hey Throcky , There were a few bugs yesterday when the Lyft Pink upgrade launched that prevented people from seeing their points or rewards. Those issues have since been fixed. To clarify, you will still receive their points and rewards just like with the regular Citi Bike membership. Thanks for sticking with us during this launch, we appreciate you! 

Rishi
      Casual Commenter

Thanks, Tyler !  Just to confirm, if I “upgrade” to Lyft Pink, I can continue to earn points per month that will extend the length of my membership overall, just like I can do now with my CitiBike annual membership?  Sorry to be so picky on this point, but I do quite enjoy the incentive of membership extensions to drive me (no pun intended) on the bike.  😉

Jaylen

Hey Rishi! We love a good pun. Correct, Lyft Pink members can still earn Bike Angels points and those points include extending your Lyft Pink membership!

nd
      Casual Commenter

I'm not seeing bike angels point totals for stations in the app anymore after upgrading to Lyft Pink. I'm in the Bay Area, so looking at the Bay Wheels app. It should be the same there as NY though. I haven't tried a ride that would likely earn points but in either case, I'm blind to point totals.

nd
        Casual Commenter

Tyler confirming I didn’t get any points nor do I see points in the Bay Wheels app on a trip that should have earned pints. Perhaps it just needs the same update as Citibike got. 

Throcky
    Casual Commenter

It seems that the Lyft Pink and Bike Angels programs are compatible.  I would modify or delete my original post if I could see how.

MKL68
    Casual Commenter

I signed up and Ive been able to use the bike share in Minneapolis while here on vacation, including my bike Angel e-credits.