Forum Discussion

T1m3Wizard
Steady Solver
2 years ago

Is it possible to connect/link your account to two seperate bike keys?

I just received my long awaited Steady Peddler reward with the Bike Angels key fob. I still have my original blue one from when I first signed up from way back in the days that I use. Was wondering if I can add/link this new key to my account without having to remove my current one.

• You can't link a new keyfob without unlinking your old keyfob. I ended up giving my old fob to my partner, but otherwise I would recommend keeping one of the fobs in a drawer as backup.

jenniferrp
    2 years ago

Hey T1m3Wizard! Yes, you can. If at any time you want to use your old key again, customer support can get it switched back over for you!

7 Replies

Remco
    Bike Angels Team

You can't link a new keyfob without unlinking your old keyfob. I ended up giving my old fob to my partner, but otherwise I would recommend keeping one of the fobs in a drawer as backup.

T1m3Wizard
      Steady Solver

Thanks for clarifying Remco.

I guess this should be an obvious yes but once an old key is unlinked, will I be able to re-link it in the future?

jenniferrp
        Bike Angels Team

Hey T1m3Wizard! Yes, you can. If at any time you want to use your old key again, customer support can get it switched back over for you!

Leslie52
      Steady Solver

I don't think you can.  The instructions say you have to remove the old key from your account.  You can only have one key code on an account.  I am guessing your partner added the key to a different account.  The new key is no different than the old one (same dark blue color), except for wing graphic, and they actually removed the customer service number.  So...the only advantage is having a spare key in case something happens to the one you already had.  Mine was already run over by a bus, but unlike my building security key, the bike key still works. 

andie-v
    Resourceful Rider

Congrats on your new key!  I just lost my original blue key that I've had since the program first started.  I tried to order another key (of any color) from citibike and was told they have been sold out for ages.  I'd love to purchase your blue key since it sounds like you'll need to unpair it from your account.  Please let me know.  Thanks!