Forum Discussion

DD901
Resourceful Rider
2 years ago

Bay wheels bike angel incentives

I participate in the bay wheels bike angel program (SF). I have a concern with the incentive structure. I am earning many Lyft credits per day, faster than I can reasonably use before they expire (each lyft credit reward expires in 3 months). 

will you please add an option to either cash out the Lyft credits or extend the expiration of these credits indefinitely? 

I like the program a lot, but I’m starting to think it might not be worth my time, unless one of the two suggestions is implemented. Thanks!

• Hey there, DD901, thanks for visiting the community to ask this question about the Bay Wheels Bike Angels program. 

To clarify, both T1m3Wizard and TaichiKen are correct, these credits don't expire, and currently, the application of these rewards credits as well as the Rewards tab UI, have some room for improvement that our team has been alerted about. Thanks for sharing your perspective, as well. ğŸ˜Š

Regarding your long-term interest in the program, our team is working on finding ways to empower Angels to choose from their eligible rewards, instead of receiving them automatically with a manual redemption process

4 Replies

Jess
    Bike Angels Team

Hey there, DD901, thanks for visiting the community to ask this question about the Bay Wheels Bike Angels program. 

To clarify, both T1m3Wizard and TaichiKen are correct, these credits don't expire, and currently, the application of these rewards credits as well as the Rewards tab UI, have some room for improvement that our team has been alerted about. Thanks for sharing your perspective, as well. ğŸ˜Š

Regarding your long-term interest in the program, our team is working on finding ways to empower Angels to choose from their eligible rewards, instead of receiving them automatically with a manual redemption process

• As far as I know, ride credits do not expire (even though it says so on the email), I still have ride credits dating back to 2019ish though they are assigned and used in scattered increments which I have no control over.

At least this is true for Citi Bike but I would assume it's universal across the board. Maybe one of the official Bike Angels Team members can confirm.

TaichiKen
      Steady Solver

I would like Citi Bike to consolidate all the old odds and ends ebike credits into one consolidated amount. It's ridiculous that they deduct from the newest dates acquired. I've got about 15 old partial credits in amounts like .03, .02, .06, .22, all together, 23 different partial credit amounts, dating back to 2021.