Forum Discussion

Greta
Casual Commenter
3 years ago

Point Boosts

Hi! I've been getting the 2x boost for a while now, and I see that some Bike Angels are getting access to a 3x boost, but others aren't. Is there a specific factor that causes the 3x boost to kick in, or is it only available to certain and/or random Angels?? Someone said it was after four rides on the 2x boost, but I've taken way more rides than that and have never gotten it.

4 Replies

Jess
    Bike Angels Team

Hey, Greta, thanks for posting in the community about your Boosts. I’m happy to know you’ve been finding the Boosts beneficial, and I understand you’d like to learn more about the different incentives.

Incentives will generally be seen in the app during peak times, and Angel incentives are account-specific and dynamically generated. At times other Angel's incentives can differ from yours. We encourage Angels to be on the lookout for future updates about earning more points. We’ll always notify you in the app when there’s an opportunity to maximize your rewards. 

Leslie52
      Steady Solver

Please see my response to the original poster.  And of course...I am typing this on my microsoft surface, so I once again needed my phone to authorize the code and was again asked for my email address.  The security for this app is overkill.  There needs to be a back up method or some way to access the code on a windows based system.  Not everyone has a mac or an iPhone.

Jess
        Bike Angels Team

Thanks for your messages and comments about this, Leslie52 . I’ve been working to learn more about the 3x Boosts you weren’t able to see in your app, and I apologize I haven’t followed up sooner. 

I truly appreciate you flagging these issues here in the community and providing valuable insight into your experiences as an Angel, a community member, and with our support team. Feedback like yours helps drive larger improvements to the Bike Angels program and community. 

I wanted to clarify that we’re aware that the Bike Angels Community requests a sign-in each time, and this requires you to use two-factor authentication. Our team understands this is a frustrating experience, and we’ve flagged this issue internally for future iterations and updates to the Bike Angels Community here. 😊

Leslie52
    Steady Solver

I was wondering the same thing.  I met a guy at one of the stations (which was not working properly) who quickly showed me that his app allows him to earn triple and quadruple points, but I cannot figure out how to get them.  I was wondering if the app for an android phone is different than the app for an iPhone.  And...I mentioned the fact that you have to pay taxes after you earn more than $600, which he apparently had not yet done.  He told me that he only earns up to 1000 points per month, which I have exceeded for several months...so I don't think Jess's answer accurately addresses the issue.  In fact, the people at the top of the leaderboard are leaps and bounds above the rest, and I cannot believe they could physically amass that many points without having the additional bump no matter how strategic they may be.  So...the question is...if we are using an updated app, why are we not seeing the same option?  I got a new phone, so I know my phone has had the most current app. 

On a side note...I could not even access the bike angels app for a week and a half when my phone crashed, because you cannot log on online without a phone to access the code (which is absolutely ridiculous).  If someone battery dies, or text messages are not accessible, they cannot even park a bike (even if they have a laptop with them at the same time).