Forum Discussion

DanMan
Steady Solver
9 months ago
Solved

Stolen Points

This REALLY sucks.  I just spent half-an-hour moving bikes before realizing I wasn’t getting points.  6x9 theft.  Last time I spent an hour on the phone with someone proving to him that the system was wrong, and I still couldn’t get the points.

sef
    8 months ago

I have been diving into this to try and get a sense of what may be happening here...

The bummer is that there are certain hardware issues in stations that can cause our servers to think that a bike never got released, even though it did. If you open the app after the bike has been released and you see that the app is not "in ride" (either because it stays unlocking for a while or because the ride has already disappeared) your best course of action is to just return the bike and maybe try a dock on the other side of the station, or give up on this station altogether.

The upside to doing this is that this type of short ride issue will cause stations to be flagged for inspection to get fixed. Although I can't change what happen I did toss some extra BA points on your account for the hassle and helping me share this issue with our team!

3 Replies

sef
    Bike Angels Team

Hey DanMan 

can you give me a little more detail on what you were seeing here? if you can let us know more details we can look into these rides and share feedback with our team if there is a broken experience happening. 

sometimes offline stations can mess with the points display algorithm, so let us know where and when you saw this and we can dig in. 

thanks for flagging! 

DanMan
      Steady Solver

It was Monday the 11th mid-afternoon. 5-6 rides from 6th St and 2nd Ave to 6th St and 1st Ave.   aTheyre not in my ride history, so I doubt you’ll find anything.  It’s maddening.  Last time a phone operative kept trying to  tell me that my rides showed as canceled, like I’d immediately returned them. I was like, um, why would I do that four times in a row, each 10 minutes apart?  Even once I said, look it up, the bike I’m riding right now that you show in the dock?  When you search it in the system, it will be where I dropped it off.  I’m so glad I was shown to this community.  Hopefully I’ll never have to call the help desk again.

sef
        Bike Angels Team

I have been diving into this to try and get a sense of what may be happening here...

The bummer is that there are certain hardware issues in stations that can cause our servers to think that a bike never got released, even though it did. If you open the app after the bike has been released and you see that the app is not "in ride" (either because it stays unlocking for a while or because the ride has already disappeared) your best course of action is to just return the bike and maybe try a dock on the other side of the station, or give up on this station altogether.

The upside to doing this is that this type of short ride issue will cause stations to be flagged for inspection to get fixed. Although I can't change what happen I did toss some extra BA points on your account for the hassle and helping me share this issue with our team!