Forum Discussion

DemonAngel
Resourceful Rider
2 years ago

Why am I not on The Leaderboard? I have 3,436 lifetime Angel points.

Hi,
I have 3,436 lifetime Angel points (as of February 15, 2023); but I am not on The Leaderboard. 

I've asked CitiBike customer service to fix whatever the problem is but they have been less than helpful. 

They suggested that my app was out of date. I got the latest app. No difference. 

I notice that Angels on the Leaderboard have identifiers with two initials and three digits, for example RD902.  Nowhere in my account have I come across such an indentifier for me. Could that be the problem?

I signed up for CitiBike NYC something like its second week in existence. Am I stuck in a dinosaur version of something?

Clearly I'm clueless! How about you?

Thanks!

DemonAngel

• The leaderboards reflect your points from the current month, not your lifetime total. Your identifier will be your initials plus the last three digits of your phone number, from what I can tell.

8 Replies

kitkat
    Resourceful Rider

The leaderboards reflect your points from the current month, not your lifetime total. Your identifier will be your initials plus the last three digits of your phone number, from what I can tell.

dbny
      Casual Commenter

Yeah the leaderboard is a monthly thing. 

That said don’t ask me how it’s possible to earn multiple thousands (I’ve seen points as high as 15000!) of points in a month. I’m hard pressed to make my usual 600-700 per month! Who are these Angels (archangels/gods)??!

DemonAngel
      Resourceful Rider

Thank you, kitkat!

Never ever would it have occurred to me that some people get thousands of Angel Points IN A MONTH!

As people who work in disaster management like to say, "Crises turn into disasters not because our logic is wrong, but because our assumptions are wrong."

Cheers!

Remco
    Bike Angels Team

This (very sweet) doc shows some of the kind of person who does this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWZyfvN7Vg8 This was before we had 3x multipliers that can really juice up how you earn points. Some people combine it with a job walking gig, others just do it for exercise. My best month was only 300-something points, so I don't know how people really do it though...

2WG-4WB
    Steady Solver

Isn't it wild that some people do in a month more that most people do in a "lifetime" - 😆
    Congrats to you- that is a decent amount of points. I am curious what the distribution is. It would be nice to see ranking or percentiles for lifetime points, like there is for number of stations used.

Octimon
      Steady Solver

On the first day of this month, I woke up early (like 5a) and worked my tail off to get 60 points just so I could, for once, see my ID code on the leaderboard (I was #8 at 7:21!), before it disappeared a few hours later.  

I still cannot fathom how TS014 could have already racked up 510 points by 7:21.  Or NS143 at 258 points.  Did they stay up all night?  Wow!

2WG-4WB
        Steady Solver

wow- Octimon  I've ventured out pre-dawn for all sorts of reasons, usually involving mountains, astrological events or long journeys, not to move bicycles 🤣

Even after watching the video of the LeaderBoard leaders, I still cannot fathom how they rack up so many points so quickly.  Maybe next time I'm up past midnight on the first of the month i'll try to get on the board....