Forum Discussion

labsbike
Resourceful Rider
18 days ago

anyone in DC - best way to get points?

Anyone that uses capital bikeshare in DC - whats your best tips for getting points? What stations to farm? 

BB442
    Resourceful Rider

Assuming your map shows the points, Just look for the pink (9s and 12s)! Seems best dropoffs are usually at stations around Columbia Heights and best pickups in Georgetown and down by the Whitehouse or national mall.  During this last week it seems fewer points have been available overall (less pink on the map).

caphillangel
    Resourceful Rider

I'm lucky enough to have a few stations close to my house and my work. When I head out I double check the map to choose which station to leave from and dock and consider myself flexible among any of the stations. And if I'm having a leisurely day I really try to optimize my trips to earn points, and I'm willing to walk longer if that earns me points or saves me from ending a streak.

JB991
    Resourceful Rider

It varies by time of day, but look at the map and find a 6 or 9 point station that is within a block or two of another 0 point station. You can walk between them 3, maybe 4 times, within 15 mins. Although it is true that Georgetown usually has a lot of up arrows with high points and Columbia Heights has a lot of down arrows with high points, it is often not feasible to find another 0 point station close enough to walk between to make it worth while. But keep checking, so when it is feasible in those locations, feast! 🚲 The map changes constantly, so you'll have to be prepared to move around.