Forum Discussion

Rivertown
Resourceful Rider
3 years ago

Missing available points on app

Hello 

Has anyone else noticed that the available bike 😇 points are not showing up on the stations. It stopped being displayed yesterday later afternoon and also possibly appears that the stations are not showing accurate bike/scooter availability, the numbers are off. Deleted and reinstalled the app, which didn't help. 

• Hi, beameverywhere, thank you for following up to confirm the state of things on your end. I appreciate your help in investigating this issue! Coming in today, I see we're experiencing a known systems issue that aligns with your report. Our engineering teams are actively working to resolve this. You should find that functionality is restored soon. 

I hope you'll return to the community in the future when you need help, need to flag an issue, or want to connect with other Angels. Your contributions and feedback are crucial as we work to improve the Bike Angels program and community. ðŸ˜Š

Update—7/1: This issue has been resolved, and things are working as designed. ðŸš²ðŸ‘¼

-- Jess 

6 Replies

beameverywhere
    Resourceful Rider

Hi Jess ,

I have verified that "Show point values on the map" is selected, and also that my Bay Wheels app is on the latest version (iOS 14.36.3). Unfortunately, bike angel points still do not show up on my map (it previously did, and I have 92 points this month so far)

I have also tried the following:
    - Turning both (point values, point earning tips) toggles on / off

- Logging out and back in again

Do let me know if you need any more information

heikkij
    Steady Solver

Just had a similar issue, but not quite the same. In my case the app does indeed show the points for each station.

In my case its just that the system doesn't GIVE any points when returning a bike.

You guys should implement a "sanity check" of some sorts so even if it doesn't give you points, the system will run a backtrace of the transactions and figure out there should have been points given. 

I was out this morning, and I got points as I should have. This afternoon I was going to do some errands, and thought I should return a couple of bikes on the way. When I didn't get notification of points on the first bike I didn't think that much of it, but when I didn't get any points on 2nd or 3rd I figured it was broken. So in short: I got charged for rides, but no points were given. I know this has happened in the past as well. 

Hansungyu
      Resourceful Rider

This is happening to me now for a few months. Did you get it solved?

Jess
    Bike Angels Team

Hey there, Rivertown & beameverywhere, thank you for stopping in the community to report you're not seeing BA points on the map in your app. I want to help troubleshoot this issue with you! 

I’d advise also checking for updates to your iOS or AndriodOS and confirming you’ve got the BA points feature selected in your app as shown in the photo attached. 

App Menu (top left) > View profile > Bike Angels* > ‘Show point values on the map’ 

Hoping this does the trick and you both start seeing points in your app again soon—Reconnect with us here if not! ðŸš²

— Jess 

Jess
    Bike Angels Team

Hi, beameverywhere, thank you for following up to confirm the state of things on your end. I appreciate your help in investigating this issue! Coming in today, I see we're experiencing a known systems issue that aligns with your report. Our engineering teams are actively working to resolve this. You should find that functionality is restored soon. 

I hope you'll return to the community in the future when you need help, need to flag an issue, or want to connect with other Angels. Your contributions and feedback are crucial as we work to improve the Bike Angels program and community. ðŸ˜Š

Update—7/1: This issue has been resolved, and things are working as designed. ðŸš²ðŸ‘¼

-- Jess