Forum Discussion

Jess
Bike Angels Team
2 years ago

[Discussion] Tips for a Bike Angels n00b? What do you wish you knew when you started as an Angel?

As a rather new addition to the Bike Angels Team, I’ve noticed–there’s a lot to this whole thing! 

What was the most confusing thing when you started as an Angel? What tips do you have for new Angels? (cherubs… sweet baby angels? 🤔 )

Share details about what the learning curve was like for you in the comments!  ↩️

3 Replies

Remco
    Bike Angels Team

If you happen to take a longer ride that passes a boundary between a drop off area and a pick up area, you can often get a lot more points by dropping off a bike (and start or increase your multiplier), walking a bit to another station and start another ride with the 2x multiplier added.

Leslie52
    Steady Solver

That even if the kiosk shows pick up points, you have to look at the app immediately after you unlock the bike, because it can switch to a drop off kiosk, and cancel out your boost status.  Often you can ride a long distance and not even get the points.

topheru
      Casual Commenter

This! I've learned to be very vigilant for docks that switch at the last second, but I still end up losing my boost from time to time. Happened to me today. I double-checked that a dock was neutral, undocked, got to my destination and there it was, the dreaded notification that my boost had ended.