Forum Discussion

Rich1
Resourceful Rider
8 months ago

Citibike Service Going Downhill?

Anyone else notice that Citibike is getting even worse? I rode to a conference midtown today and within ~20 minutes got to a station to find that all docks were full. I went to a nearby station that had open docks that were broken. I then went to a third station that also had open docks that were broken. I’m now desperately late for my conference and couldn’t wait any longer. I left the bike in the open dock and tried reaching out to help, only to get threatened that I would be responsible for the bike if it didn’t find its way back into the system. I went back to get it, missing my conference, couldn’t find a dock for a really long time, and then they charged me for being late, when it was entirely their fault. I reached out to “help” and they refused to give me a refund. It’s like their business plan is to intentionally make customers late so they can extract money from us! How bad will NYC DOT let them get?

1 Reply

MikeM
    Resourceful Rider

To me, all citibike is interred in these days is expanding their fleet of bikes, raising prices.  if problems arise, ciitibike is very weak at solving your problem in a timely way.  The customer service experience is very poor and response times to problems take too long,  Not worth re-renewing the annual membership which is increasing to $219 beginning in mid-January '24.   there are way too many headaches that go with the membership this days and a growing fleet of bikes that are not good.  I was a loyal member for seven years,