Forum Discussion

RedDragon
Resourceful Rider
11 days ago

Max points given to drop off bikes at FULL station for most of the day

Since I started as a bike angel in March 2024 I've noticed that the point algorithm, for most of the day, is awarding max points for dropping off bikes at the Manhattan station at E 47 St & Park Ave, which has 114 bike docks. Seems like a great point opportunity with so many stations around it awarding pick-up points, right? Wrong, the station is completely full by 8am and the valet attendant will scold you if they suspect you're a bike angel dropping off bikes to earn points. I was told by the valet that my account would get banned if I kept bringing bikes. 

This is a long-standing algorithm bug which makes a bad problem of dock availability even worse and should be reviewed by the bike angel team. The fix is conceptually simple: the station ought to award points to pick-up bikes from this station to improve the lack of available docks, even with a valet present.

Here's a screenshot showing the completely full station is awarding max points to drop off bikes:

The completely full station remains a max point drop-off station half an hour after the valet has left:

Jess
    Bike Angels Team

Hi there, RedDragon thanks for taking the time to clearly define this issue I've seen some feedback about improving the BA x valet experience in the past, and this is something I've been tracking. I marked this conversation as feedback and will explore avenues to share feedback like yours internally with the teams that manage valet.