Forum Discussion

jm
Hustlin' Helper
12 months ago

Divvy Cash for Points Please

Thank you.

Please, implement Divvy points for cash as is available in some other markets.

Please, would someone here with the ability to forward, request, argue, beg, the people who make Lyft decisions make this happen.

Thank you.

In a few days I banked enough points for a years worth of membership extensions.

Since those days, I have not been on a Divvy Bike Angels ride.

Sure, not much different than just riding for 80pts a month, but if there was a cash incentive, or some other options to redeem Lyft credits, I'd be out redistributing bikes everyday.

Just saying.

Thank you.

2 Replies

Jess
    Bike Angels Team

Hi, jm, thank you for your dedication to the Bike Angels program in Chicago and for posting this feedback about cash rewards here in the community. We hear you that cash rewards would incentivize you to move more bikes, and we've noted this feedback internally to be sure your thoughts on this can be shared with the teams that manage the Divvy Bike Angels program. 

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

Having fun moving bikes around.

Building up points.

Thank you Lyft for the "Points in the Bank" feature of the Bike Angels program.

And I'm well aware of the often proven to be correct adage (or is it a saying, an idiom?):

Be careful for what you wish for.

Sure, having a Divvy, "Points for Cash" option could ruin the fun, "calm" thing Chicago has going.

But... money is fun too.

I just can't get my head around why "them" but not us?

People are sitting around a table deciding that implementing Divvy Points for Cash is not necessary?

Why?

What's the logic?

Are we successfully redistributing bikes for Lyft credits and membership fees, so it's not a necessary incentive as it might be in NYC?

NYC is big, very big.

Is our little Chicago not have the same bike sharing demands?

Are the distances shorter?

The ability to dock eBikes out of stations is a huge, and often used benefit to Divvy members that's not offered in NYC.

And a great fallback for Divvy Angels.  

So, what's to complain about? 

The exercise we're getting, although with significant traffic dangers, is great. Thank you. 

But a cherry on the top would be money!

Or, at least explain to us why "them" and not us?

We appreciate the Angel program and all the help in this forum.

Thank you.