Forum Discussion

jm
Hustlin' Helper
2 months ago

Divvy. Disorganized System.

So... I'm picking up an un-docked eBike, and, at the same time, the battery change truck wanted to swap out the battery 

Explaining it would only take a few minutes at most for the reset, and wanting to, "help out", I agreed.

Twenty minutes later, the bike finally reset, and when I tried to unlock, the bike went out of service.

That was May 29, and the bike is still there, in the exact same spot, right out in the open of a busy street (photos).

Out of service, and abandoned Divvy eBikes are left in many places of the city. 

The numbers I'm seeing must have an effect, on the system.

Divvy Angels need a cash for points option and a incentive to redistribute working out of dock eBikes 

Thank you  

• Hi, jm, thank you for following up on this post to call attention to this bike. I understand your post was in the SPAM quarantine for a bit of time, and I apologize we didn't follow up here once it was published. 

I'm sorry you experienced this while moving bikes! I can see how this simple interaction could have derailed your Angel session. I'm creating a report to alert our Ops Team on the ground about this specific bike.

Looking at your support history, I don't see that you reported this issue to Divvy support. Can you clarify the exact location of this bike or confirm that it's near Columbus Drive & Randolph Street? I want to make sure our team has the most accurate information to address this issue. Once I hear from you, I can finish the report. 

8 Replies

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

The eBike is still there  

Seventeen days and counting.

How can this not be a complete failure of whatever systems are in place?

Thank you 

Jess
      Bike Angels Team

Hi, jm, thank you for following up on this post to call attention to this bike. I understand your post was in the SPAM quarantine for a bit of time, and I apologize we didn't follow up here once it was published. 

I'm sorry you experienced this while moving bikes! I can see how this simple interaction could have derailed your Angel session. I'm creating a report to alert our Ops Team on the ground about this specific bike.

Looking at your support history, I don't see that you reported this issue to Divvy support. Can you clarify the exact location of this bike or confirm that it's near Columbus Drive & Randolph Street? I want to make sure our team has the most accurate information to address this issue. Once I hear from you, I can finish the report. 

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

Jess, we're all so happy you are here.

Here's the GPS of the bike:

41.884602,-87.617283

Again, thank you for your help with my backpack. I really like the backpack. It's kind of Lyft to throw in those Angel perks. 

We sure wish you could also work your magic and get points for cash implemented at Divvy.

The folks in NYC must be having fun.

I've long ago given up on complaining to Divvy/Lyft. Mostly to preserve my own sanity.

I had a relapse a few weeks ago when I was awarded less points than I was due.

The phone was answered quickly and the very helpful agent was fast at figuring out there was a mistake, but the new policy prohibited the agent from adding points to my account 

In the past they could do that 

Anyway... I was told to wait for contact and I'm still waiting.

As far as abandoned eBikes  My record should show I sent over pics once or twice,  but the eBikes were never picked up in a time frame that had me thinking it was because of my reports.

Thank you 

Jess
      Bike Angels Team

Hey there, jm, thanks for the kudos and the confirmation about the bike location. I'll update the report with that location.

I'll take a look at your recent support contact. I'm glad to hear you found the experience improved, but I'll review your support interaction to make sure we're looking at things correctly. 😊

Jess
        Bike Angels Team

Looking at your email chain, we replied about that streak issue on 5/30. Can you find the email by searching your inbox for 212599225? If so, reply there, or let me know here if you're unable to find our reply. 

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

Yep. Jess, you are the best 

Thank you for always following up and sticking with us in the forum 

Found the email. All is good.

Still... sure wish we could be a fly on the wall and understand the reasoning behind not expanding the Points for Cash program into Divvy.

We want the incentive.

A look at the Divvy Leader Board shows, only a large handful of people are working the redistributions. 

Best regards , 

JM

Jess
      Bike Angels Team

Thanks for following up also! I'm glad you were able to locate that email.

I hear you that the cash rewards would amp up the incentive to move bikes, and I'll share that internally feedback every opportunity I get. 

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

Here's another example, of so very many, abandoned eBikes

41.869916,-87.616322

Even we can't remember how long its been there