Forum Discussion

cb
Steady Solver
4 years ago

Bike Angel Reward

Some time ago, I passed the 2,500 points mark. There were then many delays and I didn't receive the stainless key reward. In February I received an email saying they were working on it and would send together with the bike gloves which I think is the new reward. I still haven't received either the stainless key or the bike gloves. Is there any status update on these rewards going out? Thank you!

37 Replies

vstoy
    Resourceful Rider

Add me to the list of 'earned steel key in dec 2019, never got one' list...

This thread is not giving me hope lol

cb
    Steady Solver

I just want to add to my response above that these bike angels rewards are supposed to be fun motivations for users. The implication that I am somehow trying to take advantage and amass steel keys (which have zero value) makes it far from fun or motivating. If Citibike/Lyft can't properly manage their own rewards program perhaps that should be reflected on by the company .

MKL68
      Casual Commenter

I just want what I earned and they told me I would receive. I am losing my motivation to keep helping move bikes around when they don’t even appreciate. 

cb
        Steady Solver

Agreed! I don't understand why they can't resolve sending out the earned rewards. They continue to say they are investigating or the package is about to be mailed but no resolution for months now.

Tyler
    Bike Angels Team

Hey cb!

After the new rewards were announced, the old rewards were depreciated. Looking into your account I see we originally send you your steel key in November, and then a replacement at the end of January when you reached out. We no longer have any more steel keys to send. We will make sure your gloves are sent with the next shipment of rewards. 

cb
      Steady Solver

Thanks for your response but actually no I never received the steel key in November nor another one in January. I have emails from the citibike response team saying there were delays with producing the steel keys and it would be coming. I can forward you the emails. Unsolicited I received an email from citibike acknowledging that the steel key was never sent and thus they would add the gloves when it was sent. My friend received the same email so I'm not the only one who had this happen and NEVER received the steel key. This is the email content I received Feb. 24th . 

Congrats on your 2,500th lifetime Bike Angel point! We appreciate all you've done to keep things running smoothly — and we know you're eagerly awaiting your steel key. Unfortunately, we've discovered signal penetration issues with the RFID tags (the industry has shifted to low-power models — they don't make 'em like they used to).

So we're working to make things right. You'll be one of the first to receive our brand-new Bike Angels key as soon as it's ready — and as a token of our gratitude, we'll also send over the new 2,500 point Hustlin' Hero bike gloves.

Thanks for your continued patience and for being a part of the Bike Angels family.

Tyler
        Bike Angels Team

I'm reaching out to the shipping team to see what going on with this. I will follow up as soon as I have more info. 

MKL68
      Casual Commenter

Tyler, can you look into my account and why I didn’t receive the steel key last November, when I earned the points?  How many of us didn’t get the key we earned?

BikeAngelsTeam
        Community Manager

We're so sorry for the inconvenience! We understand this is a frustrating experience for riders since these keys were originally expected in February. Right now it's out of our hands since the keys are somewhere in customs. We do see that the gloves have been sent out. We'll follow up with you via DM's to get a little more information so we can check on that!

• No problem! We're sorry for the inconveneince. If there's anything else we can do to help, just let us know!

MKL68
      Casual Commenter

How can we get the steel key earned in 2020? Customer service isn’t really able to help. 

cb
        Steady Solver

I still haven't received mine either despite numerous email exchanges. Frustrating!

Ilike2bike
    Hustlin' Helper

I also have problems getting the rewards. Unfortunately every time I contact customer service for this or any issues, I have difficulty communicating. They don't understand me or vice versa.