Forum Discussion

th
Resourceful Rider
2 months ago

Ride cross 15 minutes boundry

Hi, if i started a ride and end the ride after the 15 minutes boundry when BA points was updated, does the system use the new points for ending station at time of drop off, or the old point at the time of the ride pick up? For example if the ending station flip from needing drop off to needing pickup, would i immediately lose the boost, so prior to every drop off, i must double check the current ending status? Thanks

• We freeze bike angels points the moment the bike unlocks and your ride starts. That can mean that the points change if you scan or enter the key fob at e.g. 11:59:55

If you unlock close to the rollover window you might want to check the map right after you've unlocked to make sure that the map hasn't changed, but other than that points shouldn't change even if you're planning your 30 minute or longer commute.

1 Reply

Remco
    Bike Angels Team

We freeze bike angels points the moment the bike unlocks and your ride starts. That can mean that the points change if you scan or enter the key fob at e.g. 11:59:55

If you unlock close to the rollover window you might want to check the map right after you've unlocked to make sure that the map hasn't changed, but other than that points shouldn't change even if you're planning your 30 minute or longer commute.