Forum Discussion

ChiDivvyGuy
Resourceful Rider
7 months ago

Steady Pedaler Metal Key

Are these still available? https://www.tomorrow-lab.com/work/citibike

• I really wish (I want one so bad), but even as an employee I earned the plastic key rather than a metal key.

• these keys are sooooo coveted amongst the angels! i get it haha

the metal keys were a limited run we put together with Tomorrow Labs a few years back and are no longer available. 

5 Replies

Remco
    Bike Angels Team

I really wish (I want one so bad), but even as an employee I earned the plastic key rather than a metal key.

sef
      Bike Angels Team

these keys are sooooo coveted amongst the angels! i get it haha

the metal keys were a limited run we put together with Tomorrow Labs a few years back and are no longer available. 

Leslie52
        Steady Solver

I don't think they care about whether they are metal or not.  But you can certainly send out the plastic ones...because when your battery runs out or your phone is not getting reception it is the only way you can get home.  Not great in the rain and snow.  Phone batteries run out a lot quicker in the cold weather too.  And...you have to take off your mittens and un-fog your reading glasses to use your phone.  Guess the young'uns in the corporate world would not consider these challenges.

TB
    Resourceful Rider

The metal key is what initially what got me into doing Bike Angels. I'm still a good ways off on points though unfortunately (I slowed down after I discontinued it). I do have a white plastic key, but this metal one is SO cool. Hopefully they do something similar in the future again though.