Forum Discussion

bwitt
Steady Solver
7 months ago

streak ended because my ride started at neutral and ended at negative?!

I had a terrible interaction with the bike system and with support today:

I started a regular bike ride at a neutral station, and docked at a neutral station.

Turns out the end station was offline.

The ride didn't end in the app, so I chatted with support.  They said the station was offline and to make sure the bike was docked.  And everything would be fine.

I took 4 positive rides after this, to continue my streak.

Later in the day I was going to take a ride and noticed I had no streak.

Noticed my that first ride had finally ended.

Chatted with support on this and they said my streak had ended because my last positive ride had started at a neutral station, and ended at a negative station (?!)  

That's a positive ride and has always continued my streaks in the past.  Has this changed?

• Hey bwitt!

Sounds like a rough Tuesday, sorry about that UI issue and I'm glad you were able to figure it out on your own. I just wanted to let you know our support agents (employees like me) are unable to re-enable a streak if it ever is broken.

If you ever run into this UI issue with the app again, please let us know as we don't want to confuse our Bike Angels that are putting the petal to the metal!

3 Replies

• Hey bwitt!

Sounds like a rough Tuesday, sorry about that UI issue and I'm glad you were able to figure it out on your own. I just wanted to let you know our support agents (employees like me) are unable to re-enable a streak if it ever is broken.

If you ever run into this UI issue with the app again, please let us know as we don't want to confuse our Bike Angels that are putting the petal to the metal!

bwitt
    Steady Solver

Follow-up: it now appears that my streak never ended and it was simply a UI issue with the app for a time.  When I look at my ride history, my positive rides all have the correct points. 

I wish support had communicated this to me; it would've saved me some heartache.

bwitt
    Steady Solver

Now I've been advised that I should wait until tomorrow, and my streak will be re-instated.  That doesn't sound right either!