Forum Discussion

T1m3Wizard
Steady Solver
7 months ago

Charged for a E-Bike ride, no Classics available and even selected "ride with low assist" from start

Hi Jess and team, can you guys help me look into one of my rides from today (1/2/24)?

I was charged for an E-Bike ride when there were no Classics available at the starting station. I had even gotten the popup and selected "ride with low assist" during the unlocking process with my phone. But once the ride ended, I noticed charges were applied to my account (yes, I have E-Bike credits which were used but shouldn't have in the first place).

Can you investigate and let me know? I haven't opened a ticket via the app because customer support there isn't very helpful from prior experiences. Hopefully, the team here can help. Thanks, please keep me posted

• Hey T1m3Wizard!

This sounds like some technical malfunction. I would double check (which I am guessing you already did) for your bike key fob settings as well if "ride with low assist" is the default option for that too!

I've gone ahead and reimbursed your used credits with a $5 credit. Sorry about the issue, let us know if this happens again to you as if it repeats it could be something we're missing!

3 Replies

• Hey T1m3Wizard!

This sounds like some technical malfunction. I would double check (which I am guessing you already did) for your bike key fob settings as well if "ride with low assist" is the default option for that too!

I've gone ahead and reimbursed your used credits with a $5 credit. Sorry about the issue, let us know if this happens again to you as if it repeats it could be something we're missing!

T1m3Wizard
      Steady Solver

Thanks omar ! You guys are awesome.

Key fob settings are accurate (great suggestion btw). Seems like it was a one time occurrence, I took 2 low assist rides today and everything was fine. Thanks again! Really appreciate your help =].

Jess
        Bike Angels Team

Thanks omar for the assist, and thanks to T1m3Wizard for following up to provide more info about this weird experience. Hoping that was a one-off issue, but we'll be here if you notice anything acting outside your expectations.