Forum Discussion

Gflynyc
Casual Commenter
7 months ago

Where Have all the Pink (HIGH) points gone?

I ride daily and have noticed that there has been a marked decrease in the number of high-point stations in Manhattan.

I can't be the only one who's noticed this; when I look at the map, all I generally see are 6 points (highest), 3 points or neutral points.

This is extremely unusual.   Why have the point values decreased so drastically and so suddenly with no notification to Bike Angels that these changes were underway?

• Hi. Thanks for putting in effort moving bikes even in the cold! For our scores we look at recent demand, so it is normal for points to be lower this time of year, especially after the last two weeks where a lot of people who usually commute have been out of town. That means that come spring, when the weather warms up, the points should go up again too.

4 Replies

Remco
    Bike Angels Team

Hi. Thanks for putting in effort moving bikes even in the cold! For our scores we look at recent demand, so it is normal for points to be lower this time of year, especially after the last two weeks where a lot of people who usually commute have been out of town. That means that come spring, when the weather warms up, the points should go up again too.

2WG-4WB
      Steady Solver

Thanks for explaining this. I often travel between university campuses and there are no points to be had each break. 

lichen_lover
    Resourceful Rider

I have definitely noticed! All the pink stations in my area that have been pink every single day for the past few months are suddenly not high-points any more. The number of bikes in the stations, on average, is mostly the same. I guess demand would be a reasonable explanation.