Forum Discussion

Jess
Bike Angels Team
2 years ago

Bike Angels Community AMA 2023

UPDATE: This is thread is closed for new AMA questions. Feel free to add kudos to any unanswered questions! We’ll continue to monitor this thread, and of course the community is always open for members to post new topics and feedback. Big Thanks to Angels that joined in the conversation! 

Our first AMA is live—drop your questions below. 🎉 

As a reminder, our AMA is more passive than a traditional AMA, and will remain open for one week. 

Some helpful links:

robert_halo | Robert

• 13,165 Lifetime Points (As of today I have 11,415 lifetime points. But just wait until tomorrow....)
  • Internal Mega Angel
  • Software Engineer — Lyft Transit and Bikes

I’m Robert, and I'm a strong believer in Bike Share as something that makes the world a better place. I use it and public transit all the time. The benefits in terms of pollution reduction, fewer cars on the road, etc. are fantastic. I also really love meeting other Angels. There's something wonderful about seeing the other person also dashing between stations and staring at their phone the same way that I do. We are all ages, all backgrounds, and all genders. We are often intense, but Doing Good. Hoping to meet more and more folks while out moving bikes.

Although I don’t work on Bike Angels directly, I'm an active internal user (over 12k points), and I actively give early feedback and try my best to catch things and represent folks in the Angel community. Ask me Anything. 

Remco | Remco

• 3,674 Lifetime Points
  • Community Mega Angel 
  • Software Engineer — Bike Angels

I’m Remco, and I’ve worked on the Bike Angels Team for more than 3 years. Most recently, I’ve been working on tools that help the team simulate rides and ride conditions.  My lifetime score is 3276; Even though we can test Bike Angels features just through software in our pre-production environment, I really want to go out to earn some points every week because it feels different if you need to bike and walk for your points.

I find reading the balance between what's needed for the system and fun to do for the riders challenging, and seeing people get really caught up and excited about Bike Angeling super rewarding. Ask me anything. 

eliza | Eliza

• 206 Lifetime Points
  • Redeemable Rewards Expert
  • UX Designer — Bike Angels

I’m Eliza, and I’ve been working on Bike Angels for two years as a UX designer on the Bike Angels Team. I work with the team to think of ways to improve the Bike Angels experience and hopefully make it more engaging. Most recently, I’ve been working on the new redeemable rewards structure.

I'm a Bike Angel in San Francisco, a landscape with a lower density of points due to lower bike density, so my experience is a bit different than Angels in New York. I've travelled to New York various times to better understand Bike Angel point earning patterns, study point discrepancies between neighborhoods, and get a better sense of how efficient NYC Angels actually are! Ask me anything.

48 Replies