Forum Discussion

brooklynsteve
Resourceful Rider
4 years ago

Bike Angels points not recording

Hey Citibike/Lyft,

There seems to be problem in the coding when you hit 200 Bike Angel points.  My account stopped registering points and told me I needed 900 more for the next reward.  I've seen a few other post s online where other members have also had issues when they hit 200 points.  I've called your service number and I'm told the department in charge of it is aware of the problem and will fix it the same day and get back to me, but I never hear from them and the problem was not fixed on my account for April

11 Replies

Robz
    Casual Commenter

Are the points not going up? The ebike/car credits stop at 200 and then its $1 for every 10pts cash. Mine says 0 pts till next reward, but come the end of the month I got $290. The cash totals don't show in the rewards tab. 

brooklynsteve
      Resourceful Rider

Points were going up, but no more rewards in any format unless I got another 910 points!   The attached screen grab is from a couple of weeks ago, and I had another 70 or so points added with no rewards.

My account did just reset to 0 as well since it's a new month

Robz
    Casual Commenter

That is not true. If you would have gotten another 8 points that month you world have had $1 sent to your email and 1 more for every 10 pts after. It's sent in an email via giftrocket and can be deposited into your bank account

brooklynsteve
      Resourceful Rider

Well it may be working for you, but not for me. I got 270 points and no credits nor emails after 200.  Citibike reps even acknowledged the problem, but there's been no resolution even though every time I call them, they tell me it will be fixed the same day. 

Robz
    Casual Commenter

You have to be patient, it takes about a week after the end of the month to be sent. Also keep an eye out for it in spam folder. You should get $7. The best way to resolve issues I've found is sending a PM on Twitter. 

BikeyBikey
    Resourceful Rider

I too have been having the same issue: I've reached 200 points, and have not received any rewards since (it even tells me that I don't have anymore rewards to earn, which should not be the case). This is the second month that it has happened. I've messaged support, but have not heard back yet

Robz
      Casual Commenter

Bikey, have no fear. Mine says the same thing.  They mean lyft credits The cash rewards start after 200 pts so as of your post you'll get $3 to deposit at the end of the month. Check your email (and spam folder) about a week after the 1st for a cash gift from giftrocket. 

BikeyBikey
        Resourceful Rider

Ahhhh, gotcha! I just reread the rewards page, and now it all makes sense; I had assumed that the ebike credits continued on after 200 pts. I thought it was weird that I received a giftrocket last month, but chalked it up to Citibike sending it to make up for lost points after I had reached out to them. Thanks Robz and ride safe!!