Forum Discussion

mmschaff
Resourceful Rider
8 months ago

Bike Seat Falling

Recently riding on the electric bike the seat walls on me even though the latch is fully closed. Anyone have anything similar?

• Hhi mmschaff I haven't seen this myself even though I have been taking a fair amount of rides, but regardless, this is definitely an issue that warrants pushing the wrench button when you return the bike. When you get the issue survey it would be helpful if you:

• list the bike condition as "bad"
    • click the seat bubble
    • add a comment like "seat dropped mid-ride"

If it is more of a slow slide down it's less concerning, but still definitely warrants a wrench.

Thanks!

5 Replies

Remco
    Bike Angels Team

Hhi mmschaff I haven't seen this myself even though I have been taking a fair amount of rides, but regardless, this is definitely an issue that warrants pushing the wrench button when you return the bike. When you get the issue survey it would be helpful if you:

• list the bike condition as "bad"
    • click the seat bubble
    • add a comment like "seat dropped mid-ride"

If it is more of a slow slide down it's less concerning, but still definitely warrants a wrench.

Thanks!

Jerv3
    Steady Solver

I have had that happen a couple of times. It can be quite a surprise. I put them out of service immediately 

• Hey there mmschaff, could you elaborate more on the bike seat? Is it too rough? Too soft? Can you explain what the seat "walls on me" means?

Sean
    Steady Solver

This used to happen to me all the time last year. I haven't had it happen lately on the new e-bikes, but still sometimes on the older regular bikes. I started wrenching them. I had been hoping, at least with the new e-bikes, that that was in the past. 

neverbuzzin
    Resourceful Rider

YES and I know what kind too. Try to use the 1’s with the U lock clamp much sturdier