Forum Discussion

th
Resourceful Rider
2 months ago

drop off at same station, break boost?

Hi, if i pick up and drop off at the same station, does it break the boost?  I recall reading somewhere that it's neutral, but the app says it will end, so I didn't try it.  What's the policy? thanks

• As it is returning a bike to the same station is always neutral. I can't guarantee that this would never change, but there are no plans to change this in the near future.

4 Replies

Remco
    Bike Angels Team

Yes, we made an exception in the points calculation that makes sure that a ride that ends at the start station is always neutral, mostly to ensure that Bike Angels don't get penalized when they take out a bad bike that doesn't ride well.

th
      Resourceful Rider

Thanks. I understand the exception for bad bike that's returned within a short time. But how about the case where I'd like to take a ride in a park with my son and return the bike within the hour?  Would that still fall under the exception you mentioned?  thanks

Remco
        Bike Angels Team

As it is returning a bike to the same station is always neutral. I can't guarantee that this would never change, but there are no plans to change this in the near future.