Forum Discussion

jm
Hustlin' Helper
2 days ago

Lyft Pink All Access is not what I thought!

Lyft Pink All Access is not what I thought!

UPDATED

THANK YOU OMAR

WRONG. IT'S EXACTLY WHAT WE WISHED FOR AND MORE.

WE WANT TO USE THE SHARED RIDE FEATURE,  AND HAVE ALL THE CHARGES TAKEN ROME THE LYFT CREDITS  

OMAR SAYS WE CAN DO THAT  

IN NYC WE GET 60 MINUTES FREE E-BIKE CREDITS THAT'S NOT AVAILABLE IN OTHER MARKETS 

I thought I made it clear here what I wanted to do, but now I learn my Lyft credits do not transfer to Citibike!!??

UPDATE  - WRONG. THEY APPLY

SORRY ABOUT THE SNARK 

They're not available in the Citibike app?

BECAUSE ONLY SHOWING UP ONCE IN MANHATTAN  (OMAR)

That really should be something that's pointed out right away to everybody.

WHY? IT'S WELL KNOWN LYFT CREDITS APPLY ACROSS ALL LYFT PRODUCTS 

So when I get to New York City, I'll have a Lyft Pink All Access Pass membership, and a lot of money in Lyft credits.

YEAH! 

I'll get to take a Citibike out, and all those membership benefits, but I have no access to my Lyft credits to spend on a Citibike?

NOPE! WRONG 

I can use my Divvy Point Bank to buy Lyft credits and use them for Lyft rides in NYC.

YES. LOVE THE PROGRAM !

I assumed Lyft credits were universal and could be used across all of Lyft products.

ASSUMED CORRECTLY 

What a bummer.

NO BUMMER OMAR FIX

This fits in with the lack of support that I keep talking about. I've been posting here. I've been sending messages to Jess. I've been trying to nail this whole thing down. Asking questions, and nobody's from the company has come in and responded to any of this stuff

TRUE   I TRIED THE LYFT APP CHAT AND THEY HAD NO CLUE  THEY REFERRED ME TO HERE

MAKES SENSE  THIS IS THE BIKE ANGELS FORUM. ALL THINGS BIKE ANGELS

Here in the Citibike app. When I go to select a bike, it shows that I have ride credits available. So this is in the Citibike app that's showing me I have ride credits available. So why can't I use those credits? (photo)

FIRST, AS WE ALL KNOW, THE CREDITS ARE APPLIED AUTOMATICALLY  

I CAN IT JUST WON'T SHOW UP IN THE RIDE CREDITS WINDOW UNTIL PEOPLE ARE IN MANHATTAN 

• Hey there jm

Omar here from the LUS Customer Advocacy team here! Your Lyft credits should be able to be redeemed on Rideshare Rides, bikes, e-bikes, and scooters (in your case in Divvy since Citibike does not have scooters), but these credits are auto-redeemed so there is no way to apply them manually on your end to a ride.

I also see you still have 60 e-bike minutes which I believe takes priority as it is an innate perk of your membership!

If you are experiencing something different, let us know because your ride credits should apply to any ride, regardless of market in your case since you have Lyft Pink All Access.

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

Omar, I appreciate your quick response.I'm going crazy here.Sorry about that

I'm not in new york until next week, but in the Citibike app if I go to take out a bike you could see at the bottom, it says I have lift credits of the same amount of that show up in the Divvy app, but when you go to the window that shows your credits in the Citibike app that window is empty

Pics 

omar

Hey jm 

This is probably due to the Citibike app being really finicky with location data! Ideally, this should show the same across multiple apps but I have run into users who are unable to see their BA Rewards in a specific bike market since their location was somewhere else i.e. riders who are in PA or NJ who use Citibike don't see their rewards until they commute back into Manhatten.

Hope this weird nuanced information gives you back some sanity!

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

Also Omar ...

We really appreciate your help with this. Thank you.

I was planning on using the Ride Together feature in NYC , but when I click on that that feature is not working.

Maybe that's because I'm not in New York, or I don't have the GPS engaged.

But is that still working? And I assume all the fees,  undocking and per minute, will be paid automatically with my lyft creditsm

Thank you.

omar

Hey jm !

Yup it is because you are not in NYC yet! Once you are, the Ride Together feature will work.

Ride Together rides are a bit different though, as if you are the "Host" or primary rider, and since you have Lyft Pink All Access, you have 5 free "Guest" or Ride Together unlocks. Those 5 free unlocks can be provided to friends and they will not get charged for those rides as long as the free unlock was applied. If a free unlock is used, the member pricing will apply, so if your guest rider takes a classic bike over 45 minutes then member pricing still applies! 

For you though, Ride Together or not, your rides will always have a free unlock!

If you do run out of free guest unlocks, your friend should be charged instead of you as the app flow should have it so your friend enters their phone number and payment information. They should be charged and member pricing will not apply.

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

Thank you, Omar, also I have 60 e-Bike minutes???

Where is that? I'm not able to see that anywhere.

I get 60 minutes to ride a manual bike free, but 60 e-bike minutes. I don't see

Thank you

omar

Yup!

You saw it in your Citibike screenshot that you posted earlier in this forum thread! It's only for Citi Bike though, not for any other bikeshare markets at this time :(

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

You know, I thought as I got older into my 60s, disappointments about silly stuff had gotten all out of my system, but for some reason, the idea that this well-thought-out plan wasn't going to work, made me drop everything  

The big mistake was, I went into the Lyft app for help, and I ended up instructing them on all the rules. It was the Twilight Zone. They didn't even understand the difference between Points and Lyft credits.

Their first response was, well, it's a different app :)

I'm glad you were here quickly to help Appreciate it.