Forum Discussion

jm
Hustlin' Helper
2 months ago

Will Lyft Pink Access All Market?

Hello   Thank you

Found some answers :)

If we join Lyft Pink All Access in Chicago, can we us our Points Bank to pay for extending Lyft Pink All Access membership? 

Answer: No

If we join Lyft Pink All Access in Chicago, will that gives us access to Lyft's bike sharing (the bike Angels program) in all of their other bike sharing markets?.

Answer: Yes

If we sign up for Lyft Pink All Access in Chicago, will that give us the same Lyft's car sharing access in all their cities? 

So... instead of getting a separate Divvy or Citbike membership, we can just get Lyft Pink which will allow us access and membership in all of Lyft's bike sharing markets as well as access to their car sharing?

Then why pay Citbike's annual fee of $220 when Pink All Access is only $199?

Answer: Because the Points Bank can not be used to extend Pink All Access membership. You'll have to pay the $199 out of pocket  

Except ... in NYC, you can do Points for Cash and cover the cost that way 

Thank you 

12 Replies

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

Remco

Thank you for your help 

If I do the a prorated upgrade to Lyft Pink All access, Will my current one year Divvy membership extensions be applied? 

I currently have 1 year of Divvy membership extensions that I don't want to lose (July 2025.) 

I understand that I can continue the extensions at 80 points a month. 20 points a week, but I read in another thread that when another person upgraded to the All Access Pass, Jess had to apply the membership extensions manually. 

Will that also be an issue with my membership extensions?

Thank you 

Jess
      Bike Angels Team

Updated!

Remco helped me dive in a bit. We're thinking that you'll see the same expiration date as your current membership, but that you may be paying a higher prorated price due to the extensions themselves and how the membership transition is built.

If you decide to switch your membership. Let me know, and I'll take another look to see how many extensions we need to replace. 

jm
        Hustlin' Helper

I apologize. I apologize for wasting your time. The answer was right in front of me and I just wasn't paying attention. I'm sorry.

Thank you Jess.
        Thank you Remco

Pic

Pretty cool actually.

I'm gonna have to stop bashing Lyft. Maybe the mistakes are all mine. At least any errors are quickly fixed, and the support is, and has always been, outstanding.

Thank you.
        Very much appreciate. 

Jess
    Bike Angels Team

Hey there, jmthanks for posting your thoughts about comparing memberships. It looks like you answered the questions, and I really appreciate you following up here to provide a helpful resource for other riders.

One clarification: Annual Lyft Pink memberships are currently extendable using Bike Angels extensions, but monthly memberships are not. 

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

Wow!

Jess, how will that work?

If you paid the $199 for Lyft Pink All Access (because the "basic" Lyft Pink doesn't include bike sharing)

Will another option appear for you on the app, to exchange points besides the Lyft credits and Monthly Membership? 

Will you pay, 1000 pts (@ 20 cents) every year for your yearly Lyft Pink All Access membership ? 

And... Jess, are you absolutely sure? Because my research at Chat GPT reads (not saying Chat GPT is correct) 

"No, you cannot use your Lyft Rewards points (or "Divvy points") to pay for your Lyft Pink All Access annual membership fee. Lyft Rewards points can typically be redeemed for ride credits or discounts on individual rides, but they do not cover subscription fees for memberships like Lyft Pink.

If you want to pay for your Lyft Pink membership, you would need to use a payment method like a credit card or debit card directly within the Lyft app."

In my case Lyft is prorated the upgrade to Lyft Pink All Access fee to $80 

So... it's easy to upgrade, but if you want to downgrade back to a DIVVY yearly membership, will you then have to pay the Divvy yearly fee again?

And... if as you say, you can use your Points Bank to pay the yearly fee for Lyft Pink All Access, then why is that not now offered somewhere for my $70  fee for a prorated upgrade?

I'm guessing you were already clear about that when you wrote,  "extensions"  So that option to exchange Points Bank will appear as the yearly fee approaches?

So... if it's a fact that you can use your Points Bank to extend you annual Lyft Pink All Access membership , then it's a much better deal in NYC to pay the $199 for Lyft Pink All Access with all the perks, and a bit lowe price, than the $220 just for Citibike.

Thanks 

Really appreciate the help

Remco
      Bike Angels Team

I don't have any Chicago points since I am in NYC, but in the Divvy app I do see the option to extend a membership with my employee Lyft Pink membership that is for all practical purposes the same as a Lyft Pink All Access membership 

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

Thank you  Remco for looking into this.

So the current Divvy Membership Extension window/link that is 80pts for a month in 20 pts increments will change to... if you are Lyft Pink All Access Member, xxx points to extend the membership one year 

Would anyone know how many points Lyft is requiring when you use your Divvy Point Bank points to extend your Lyft Pink All Access membership for one year?

Thank you 

Also... with the Lyft Pink All Access membership,  we will be allowed to use the Citibike bikes in NYC and also earn Citibike Bike Angels points?

Will those points accumulate in an account we have in the Citibike app?

Meaning ... the BA points we earn in Chicago will accumulate in the Divvy app and the Citibike BA points in the Citibike app 

Then, we also will be able to use the points in our Citibike Points Bank to exchange Points for Gift Cards as many others are doing jn NYC?

Thank you very much for your time 

Edit:

Maybe this information we found about PINK helps. We're still not un-confused,  there are a lot of moving parts.

"Will Bike Angels work with Lyft Pink?
    Bike Angel points and rewards available are identical for bikeshare members and Lyft Pink All Access members. Monthly rewards are earned based on the city in which you earn those points. Lifetime rewards are earned based on total points across all cities. Lyft Pink All Access members that earn weekly membership extensions on Bike Angels will have their Lyft Pink All Access membership renewal date extended out by 7 days for each extension unlocked.

In order to use Bike Angels, you must use your local bikeshare app. Only Lyft Pink annual members are eligible"

EDIT:

Also, because of our lifetime points earned,  we get 60 minutes on the classic bikes. That perk will not change by getting the Lyft Pink All Access, even if the PINK is saying

Lyft Pink All Access members get unlimited 45-minute classic bike rides, 

Thank you 

Remco
      Bike Angels Team
      1. Extending a membership by a week will cost 20 points for all membership types in all markets
      2. You will be able to unlock Citi Bikes with Lyft Pink all access and earn Bike Angels points in NYC
      3. You would have a distinct points bank for every app
      4. Any points gained in the Citi Bike System can be redeemed in the Citi Bike rewards store, which also offers the gift card reward
      5. The Lyft Pink upsell/included benefits message is not aware of your Joy Rider status, if you have Joy Rider status you will get an additional 15 minutes of classic bike rides for both membership types.
    jm
    Hustlin' Helper

Remco,

Thank you. And great job sorting out the disarray of questions I presented, and taking the time for the super quick response.

This is wonderful how you helped out and cleared up so much 

Again, great job and thank you.

So... what I can't get my head around is the good deal presented.

Okay, maybe not in Chicago Divvy at $144 a year, but NYC Citibike at $214 when Pink All Access is only $199?

And you're still only using 20 pts a week?

Shhhh. Mum's the word :)

I can't help but wonder, what's the catch?

Jess. Thank for always being here for us. Your contributions are valuable.

Best to you.

Remco
      Bike Angels Team

Yes. Lyft Pink All Access is straight up the best value at this point in time. There is no catch.

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

Hi.

Thank you for your help

We're anxious to upgrade to All Access but fear losing 12 months of Divvy monthly membership extensions (July 2025)

I asked Chat GPT

Are monthly extensions retained when upgrading to Lyft all access?

And this was the ananswer:

When upgrading to Lyft's Divvy Pink All Access, any existing monthly extensions (such as monthly ride credits or other perks from a standard membership) are generally retained and carried over. The All Access membership includes benefits like unlimited 45-minute classic bike rides and discounted e-bike and scooter rates, which build on the benefits of the standard Lyft Pink membership. This means that if you already have ride credits or other monthly perks, you should still be able to use them after upgrading.

For more detailed information, it’s a good idea to contact Lyft's customer support directly to confirm how your specific account benefits will be handled during the upgrade process

Is this true? Confirmed? 

Will there be any possible hiccups?

Thank you