Forum Discussion

sjcrider
Resourceful Rider
2 years ago

Points No Longer Showing on Stations

On Wednesday I stopped seeing the up or down arrows showing which stations need bikes or need bikes taken away. I have double checked I have the latest version of the app and I have toggled on the "show points" in the profile section of the app.

How do I fix this?

8 Replies

astoriaman
    Resourceful Rider

I've had this issue to and I found that if I scroll on the map and then hit the locator arrow, when it comes back to my location, the points fill in.

sjcrider
    Resourceful Rider

Jess - It's still not showing anything. Was the program discontinued in San Jose? Previously it was working fine and lots of docks had points. Now every single dock I can see has no arrows associated with it. See screenshot.

Jess
    Bike Angels Team

Thanks, sjcrider, for following up with the photo here. Looking into this issue a bit with the Bike Angels Team, we weren't able to pinpoint anything that isn't working as designed. You'll be able to see Bike Angels points on the map in San Jose when there are opportunities available. ๐Ÿ˜Š

If the re-centering workaround worked for you, please let us know! 

sjcrider
      Resourceful Rider

Has the Bike Angel program been discontinued in San Jose? I havenโ€™t seen in any docks showing pickup or drop off arrows anywhere in the entire city of San Jose since I originally made this thread. 

If the program has been discontinued I can delete the baywheels app and just stick to using Lyft app or my clipper card. I only used the app so I could see if there was stations needing bikes moved around that were on my route. 

BikeAngelsTeam
        Community Manager

Hey there! Bike Angels is still up and running in San Jose. Any available points will be displayed in your app. 

Jess
    Bike Angels Team

Hey there, sjcrider, I'm sorry to hear your Bike Angels points aren't showing on the stations on the map in your app! This must be frustrating, as you're unable to participate in the program without seeing these points.

Thanks for sharing the troubleshooting steps you took here. Are you still experiencing this issue? I want to make sure things are working as designed and you can see the Bike Angels points in your app. Feel free to share any screenshots or screen capture videos of what you see to help drive investigation of this issue. ๐Ÿ˜Š

sjcrider
    Resourceful Rider

The re-centering workaround did not work. If I Zoom out and scroll up to San Francisco I can see docks with points in SF.

I am having a hard time believing there were lots of stations with points for weeks and then suddenly there is not a single station in the entire city of San Jose that is eligible for points anymore. To be clear I do not see a single station in the entire city of San Jose that is showing as eligible but I am seeing lots if I navigate the map in the app up to San Francisco.

By saying you checked with the Bike Angels Team are you confirming that there is currently not a single station in San Jose (and hasn't been in a few weeks now) that is eligible for points right now? I can see opportunities in SF so I assume my app is working but I am skeptical that there is suddenly no eligible stations in all of San Jose.

AlexE
    Resourceful Rider

Also not seeing points for docks in San Jose, while other locations in the same Bay Wheels app (SF, East Bay) are showing them. I contacted Bay Wheels support and they denied there was any problem and sent me here.