Forum Discussion

2WG-4WB
Steady Solver
2 years ago

Riding in different cities ?

On a recent visit to San Francisco, I took a 90min ride on a BayWheels E-bike (the hills are intimidating).

I had a great time but was shocked how expensive it was. Because my citibike (lyft) app worked, I assumed the pricing would be the same, but I got non-member pricing which is even more expensive in SF (30c/min) than NYC (23c/min)!

I really enjoyed it, but will try a classic bike next time 🤣

I am curious how the fees compare in other cities, and if SF is the most expensive ??

• SF is definitely one of the most costly cities to ride in. If you tap on a station pin and then scroll down you will see the actual costs in a city, so that way you won't get any surprises.

If you regularly travel to the Bay Area, Chicago, Minneapolis, Portland OR, Denver or Columbus, Ohio, it might be worthwhile to upgrade to Lyft Pink All Access, which will give you member rates (including free unlocks on classic bikes) in all those cities, and you could even score some bike angel points during your adventures.

2 Replies

Remco
    Bike Angels Team

SF is definitely one of the most costly cities to ride in. If you tap on a station pin and then scroll down you will see the actual costs in a city, so that way you won't get any surprises.

If you regularly travel to the Bay Area, Chicago, Minneapolis, Portland OR, Denver or Columbus, Ohio, it might be worthwhile to upgrade to Lyft Pink All Access, which will give you member rates (including free unlocks on classic bikes) in all those cities, and you could even score some bike angel points during your adventures.