Forum Discussion

dme5858
Casual Commenter
2 years ago

Rewards for "stolen" or "lost" bikes?

I have seen bikes on the streets--though usually sidewalks--of New York City--that are either

• lost
  • stolen
  • abandoned
  • misplaced

Once, I spotted one of these "misplaced" bikes and returned it to a station, but I want to know if there is any incentive available for me return this bikes.

3 Replies

2WG-4WB
    Steady Solver

I've probably returned about 20 bikes to stations. I often find them abandoned in Riverside park or on Riverside drive. It is sometimes a pain because they ate typically far from a station (i guess the reason they are abandoned!), so an incentive or reward would be nice. I do it because there are never enough bikes 🙃

MAGIK147
    Resourceful Rider

I'VE FOUND AT LEAST 20 ABANDONED BIKES, I'VE TAKEN PICS OF THEM AN PUT BACK BUT NO REWARD GIVEN NOT EVEN A THANKS. LETS CHANGE THAT SORRY FOR ALL CAPS 

Jess
    Bike Angels Team

Hi, dme5858, thank you for posting your question in the community!

To answer your question directly, there aren't currently Bike Angel points available for returning undocked bikes to stations. We hear you that this effort is in the spirit of doing even more good, and we've noted this post internally, as we've received feedback in the past that Angels are interested in helping maintain the system in other ways--beyond rebalancing bike stations. 

We hope you'll return to the community to share other feedback and connect with other Angels in the future. ğŸ˜Š