Forum Discussion

halfadash
Resourceful Rider
2 years ago

Shouldn't ebike-only credits be applied first to ebike rides?

It's annoying that I have older bike-only credit that wasn't used up fully and instead the app applies Lyft credits to bike rides as well. You'd also think it would use oldest credits first, but if they don't expire anymore (?) perhaps that isn't as big of a deal.

4 Replies

Jess
    Bike Angels Team

Hey there, halfadash, thanks for posting this topic! I hear you that your e-bike specific credits aren't automatically applying on your e-bike rides. I can understand this would raise some questions.

It's true that rewards credits won't expire, but I see that it would still be preferred to apply the e-bike credits to e-bike rides. I added this report to some feedback I'm gathering related to earned credits, as our team is investigation improvements to the Rewards feature.

In instances where the credits aren't automatically applying, you can manually select the credit(s) you want to use as a work around--that way you can save your universal credits for other ride modes. To manually review the discounts or credits used on a ride, tap your payment method at the end of the ride to review all funds selected to be used to pay for that ride. 😊

Ilike2bike
    Hustlin' Helper

It's good to hear credits don't expire any more, but the emails (the emails that you get when you reached a credit) still say they expire.

Ilike2bike
      Hustlin' Helper

To clarify, when you reach a reward you get an email informing you the of the reward. On the bottom of the email it still says they expire after 3 months. That causes some confusion.

Jess
        Bike Angels Team

Ilike2bike Thanks for your reply—good spot! I double-checked those credits and the email to be sure, and it's true that they don't expire. I agree that the email disclosure only further confuses things.

I've added this note about the promo disclosure on the reward email to the feedback I'm collecting for the larger Bike Angels Team.