Forum Discussion

aahles1
Casual Commenter
6 months ago

1099-MISC from Lyft

Has anyone received their 1099-MISC 2023 tax from Lyft yet?  Anyone from Citibike know when we can expect them in the mail?  Thanks for you help.  

43 Replies

Sean
    Steady Solver

FYI - all and Jess -- I received my 1099 today. No postmark on the envelope, so don't know when it actually hit the mail. Based on experience working in corporations, my first guess would be that the January 17 or 19th date was a date logged in

the system when some internaL step preparing the forms was accomplished (printed or sent to the envelope department or something). Like when you track a shipment and it says prepared but it hasn't actually yet been delivered to UPS, USPS, or FedEx, etc.

The actual mailing date, when it actually was received by the USPS, would have had to have been recent and not in January. 

Jess
      Bike Angels Team

Hey, Sean, thank you for visiting this thread and following up to let us know you got your 1099. I'm glad it arrived, and I apologize for the delay and the misinformation here. There seems to have been some miscommunication on my end around that date. I'm thankful for the community here for being able to bring voices to this issue for the larger Angel community. I hope you'll return to the community in the future when you have a question. 

Jerv3
    Steady Solver

Jess   I received my 1099 today. Hopefully everyone else will get theirs……

Jess
      Bike Angels Team

Thank you for following up to confirm. I apologize for the wait! 

Jess
      Bike Angels Team

Thank you for letting the community here know! 

CO008
        Casual Commenter

I received my 1099 in mail yesterday but one -(on 02/22/2024)! Now I can file my taxes for, like the other fellow Angels, I've been patiently waiting for this tax document. At some point, I was tempted to think may be Lyft wouldn't send it out this time round, but they did! I also would like to second the idea proposed by one of the Angel community member: that, perhaps, in the future, this 1099 document should be made accessible online.

And, speaking of online accessibility, I'm also requesting some of the other features like 'City Explorer' map/statistics be enhanced to include downloadable documents/data since, in one use-case scenario I have in mind, I would like to create a large print out of the map from my account  in a manner similar to the large size MTA subway so I can hang it on my wall. (At the current perfect 100% City Explorer stat, I definitely have something to brag about 🙂 )

Eric4Bklyn
    Resourceful Rider

I have not received my 1099 either. My understanding is that they were supposed to be issued by 1/31/2024. I can't speak for others, but downloading is a viable option for me. Just tell me how I can do it.

Jess
      Bike Angels Team

2nd UPDATE: 

Angels began reporting they received their 1099s on 2/21. 

UPDATE

Thank you to all who contributed to this thread. I appreciate your time as you’ve been waiting, and I am sorry you’ve yet to receive your 1099s. After investigating further internally, I can confirm that all 1099s have been submitted to our processor and will arrive by mail to Angels that completed a W-9 form in Tremendous for 2023. 

I understand Angels are waiting for these documents, and I expect you will receive them in the next week. I am unable to provide digital copies at this time and am also unable to provide Angels with an exact date to expect this mailing, as I don’t have insight into processing times for the third-party service we use to finalize these documents. 

--

Hey there, Eric4Bklyn, thank you visiting the community and contributing to this thread. I personally connected with the team that handles tax information, and can confirm these items were sent by 1/19. I understand you've yet to receive yours.

Thank you for your report. I'm unable to provide an electronic copy of this document, but I will reach out internally and follow up here once I have an update. 

MB688
        Resourceful Rider

Hi Jess, I also have failed to receive a 1099 from Lyft. I provided W-9 info to Lyft in mid-2023 when I passed the $600 mark in Bike Angel gift cards. Please tell Lyft to re-send the form (OR, if you find a way I can generate the 1099 on line, let me know). Thx, Mark B

CT953
    Steady Solver

no 1099  par for the course   Yall did the same thing last year.   

Jess
    Bike Angels Team

Hey there, aahles1, thank you for your question about tax documents. I confirmed that these documents were mailed to Angels that claimed more than $600 and submitted their W-9 information in Tremendous by 1/18/24. 

I just DM'd you to confirm the address information you provided is correct. ✉️

Jess
        Bike Angels Team

Good question Jerv3! You'll be prompted to fill out a W-9 when you claim the reward that takes your annual total over the $600 mark for the calendar year in which it was received and claimed in Tremendous. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 😊 I know Angels are eager to get these, and I'm hoping we'll start seeing reports that they arrived soon.  

Sean
      Steady Solver

Hi Jess,

I also have not yet received my 1099, and I have filled out the W-9 form when I was asked.

Any way to check?

Thank you,

Sean 

Jess
        Bike Angels Team

Hi, Sean, thanks for your contribution to this thread. I know this information is important, and I want to provide any insight I can. I can confirm your submission was passed along to the team that processes and mails 1099s.

Since no one has reported they have received theirs yet, I'm thinking all Angels will start receiving them next week. If you don't receive yours by next Friday, please let me know.

robertripps
      Casual Commenter

2/16/24, and I still have not received my 2023 1099!!

Not sure what you mean by "...submitted their W-9 information in Tremendous by 1/18/24."? I filled out my W-9 last year, and nothing has changed. I was asked to fill out another one by Tremendous several weeks AFTER 1/18/24, on February 7, before I could receive my February payment. If they require the information by 1/18 each year, then they need to ask for it BEFORE /18 each year, and not use that as an excuse for not following the law and sending out 1099's in a timely manner!!!

4Q
    Resourceful Rider

I think you better just send another one.

Loi84
    Resourceful Rider

Hi. What’s the recommended course of action if i still haven’t received my tax document from Lyft? Thanks in advance!

Jess
      Bike Angels Team

Hey there, Loi84, I just followed up on the support ticket you created yesterday at the email address associated with your account.