Forum Discussion

BananaBlack
Resourceful Rider
17 days ago

Disappearing, reappearing station.

Hi everyone, this morning I noticed that my local Citi Bike station had completely disappeared from the map, and all the bikes—both e-bikes and the classic bike—were marked as unavailable. I tried to check one out, but it was also marked unavailable. I assumed the station might be broken. However, at 7:30 AM, the station reappeared on the map, and all the bikes were suddenly available again. I'm curious, does Citi Bike shut down stations at night and then reopen them for commuter traffic in the morning? Could this be related to the Labor Day holiday weekend? Has anyone else experienced this?

BananaBlack
    Resourceful Rider

So a little update. I think it was a test because this week they completely removed two stations for road work. Which is kind of lame. These are closest stations to my home. Only have to walk an extra block but still I use these bikes to make doordash deliveries. So this will slow me down by a couple minutes every run. I imagine it's going to be probably a full month if not longer before they replace these stations.

RedDragon
    Resourceful Rider

It could simply be that either the station is having communication issues with the central server (I think it uses a 4G mobile connection) or the station's battery voltage is low or bad due to lack of sun. Either way, you can report it to Lyft here.

BananaBlack
      Resourceful Rider

Well I don't think there's a need to report it. As I said it fixed itself and it happened exactly at 7:30 which made me think that it was scheduled but I guess not.