Forum Discussion

Octimon
Steady Solver
11 months ago

How to report a station with problems?

In the past week, I have noticed problems at a few stations (Broadway and 123, CPW and 97th, etc.) -- I get there and try to unlock a bike with either the app or the key but get an error message.  Others trying to do the same at these stations are similarly unsuccessful and eventually leave.  

In my case, I'm drawn to these places because they have a big 12 point pink exit symbol.  It's disappointing to come away empty handed.

My question is what the best way is to report a station that seems to be non-functional?  It would be helpful to alert someone who can reset it or something.

• Hey Octimon Gator ! Thank you both for bringing these stations to our attention. I could imagine this experience being frustrating, so we appreciate you flagging this with us. I've forwarded this feedback internally to our team that investigates issues like this.

To report a specific station or bike issue, you can send feedback via our Help Center https://bit.ly/3e0asHs. or via our socials on Twitter/Facebook. All reports of offline/malfunctioning bikes or stations gets immediately sent to the operations team so they can implement any repairs or maintenance as quickly as possible.

• Support will usually be able to tell which city it is based off of the cross streets, but it's definitely helpful to go ahead and specify! 

7 Replies

shaekt
    Bike Angels Team

Hey Octimon Gator ! Thank you both for bringing these stations to our attention. I could imagine this experience being frustrating, so we appreciate you flagging this with us. I've forwarded this feedback internally to our team that investigates issues like this.

To report a specific station or bike issue, you can send feedback via our Help Center https://bit.ly/3e0asHs. or via our socials on Twitter/Facebook. All reports of offline/malfunctioning bikes or stations gets immediately sent to the operations team so they can implement any repairs or maintenance as quickly as possible.

Octimon
      Steady Solver

Very helpful.  I looked at the Help Center reporting page and wondered if it specific to NYC.  In other words, when describing the problem in the "description" box, should I indicate that it's in NYC?  Or will they figure it out based on my phone number?

jenniferrp
        Bike Angels Team

Support will usually be able to tell which city it is based off of the cross streets, but it's definitely helpful to go ahead and specify! 

Gator
    Resourceful Rider

I specifically walked to one of these glorious 12 points stations on my lunch break to rack up some points only to find that the whole station was out of order.  There is another station by my work (broadway between 38th/39th) that has been down for WEEKS and I don't see a mechanism to "report it."

2WG-4WB
      Steady Solver

Octimon Gator 

I learned a while ago that if there's a station with 12 points to pick up a bike surrounded by a sea of neutrals or drop off point stations it's cause the dock is busted! 

DanMan
        Steady Solver

Also not, if there are 0 docks available, it is almost certainly down.