Forum Discussion

T1m3Wizard
Steady Solver
10 months ago

No prompt to select low assist after unlocking.

I was at a dock today with no classics available and only the older gen blue ebikes so I was hoping to grab a free leisure ride on low assist mode. To my surprise when I unlocked it using my phone, I never got the prompt allowing me to select the free low assist mode so I returned the bike.

Would I have gotten that ride for free?

Is the low assist option only available on the newer gen gray ebikes?

• I have only been promoted for low assist with the newer grey bikes. I haven’t been charged for riding the battery powered blue bikes when there are no classics available. 

6 Replies

Skippy
    Resourceful Rider

I have only been promoted for low assist with the newer grey bikes. I haven’t been charged for riding the battery powered blue bikes when there are no classics available. 

Octimon
    Steady Solver

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday with the New Gen bike.  I thought it was a fluke, and a few rides later, it happened again today.  It's annoying because I set that I only want to ride on low assist in my app profile.   I only ride e-bikes when there are no classics.  Ack!

Octimon
      Steady Solver

Happened twice more today.  Both times on New Gen bikes.  I had a bit of success riding them over the past week, but it's weirdly hit or miss.  Any suggestions for how to avoid this problem?

皮蛋solo粥
    Resourceful Rider

I was given the free low-assist modes a couple of times in Q3 2023 on the grey New Gen bikes. I have not been offered these prompts since the start o2024. I really enjoyed the low-assist mode: in addition to it being free, I actually find the New Gen bikes too fast when going over some bumpy terrains. I am wondering if the low-assist feature will be rolled out more widely and be permanent?

Jerv3
      Steady Solver

Low assist mode only happens on the Next Gen bikes when there are no classics available. It doesn’t apply to the blue E-bikes. They are still free when there are no classics