Forum Discussion

AndyGladstone
Casual Commenter
5 months ago

App prompting for payment with every CitiBike unlock

I can't remember when this started, but it was somewhat recently.

Whenever I try to unlock a CitiBike, regardless of whether it is a traditional or eBike, the app prompts me to accept a one dollar charge on my credit card on file.

This severely slows down the process, and also eliminates the ability for me to use my bike key.

Has anyone else noticed this, or am I the only lucky one?

If you have seen this same behavior, have you been able to bypass it or change it?

• I got my own answer. I had changed my payment method from the credit card stored on file to ApplePay - thinking that would be smoother. Not true. ApplePay requires an input - double clicking the side button on the iPhone - as confirmation. By changing to CC stored in my profile I was able to unlock without any additional inputs.

2 Replies

• I got my own answer. I had changed my payment method from the credit card stored on file to ApplePay - thinking that would be smoother. Not true. ApplePay requires an input - double clicking the side button on the iPhone - as confirmation. By changing to CC stored in my profile I was able to unlock without any additional inputs.

Jess
      Bike Angels Team

Hi, AndyGladstone, thanks for following up here to share your solution with the community. I'm glad you got to the bottom of this, and I hope you'll return to the community when you have a question in the future. ğŸ‘¼