Forum Discussion

th
Resourceful Rider
3 months ago

Unable to see Station points

I recall someone reported this before but it just happened to me. Could not see the BA points on the map. Click on individual station, does not show if it needs pickup or drop off either. Restarted app, did not help. Verified network/signal was available. Time was 1:50pm 6/17/2024. Was there a subsystem outage at the time? If so,could the app give some indication that it could not retreive the latest info?  If the BA API could be made public availabe, we could help track its reliability, if it helps.  Thanks

8 Replies

conrad
    Resourceful Rider

This also just happened to me. They were there earlier today, as recently as 1:45, but I just opened the app and no points, so I assume it's a system-wide problem. This happened to me once before recently and they came back eventually.

Leslie52
        Steady Solver

Sometimes you have to close the app and relaunch it.  Otherwise, you may need to clear your cache on some of your apps.  Just like a computer, your phone can freeze if you have not cleared your data for a while.

SashaMetro
    Resourceful Rider

I had this problem today, closing the app and relaunching it didn't clear the problem. I'm guessing it was a problem with the Lyft servers or my connectivity to them (although it showed all the bikes and free docks data after relaunching). After ten minutes or so, the BA points were displayed again.

Jess
    Bike Angels Team

Thanks all for reporting your experiences here. It sounds like there may have been a momentary lag in Bike Angels points appearing on the map, and I'm glad to hear that things have returned to normal. I haven't seen any reports of a large outage, but will keep monitoring the community and internal conversations around Bike Angels. th conrad Leslie52 SashaMetro 

Jess
      Bike Angels Team

Following up to share that our team is investigating the root cause of the issue reported here to understand why the points weren't showing yesterday. Thanks again for flagging this issue in the community! 

Leslie52
        Steady Solver

Yes, this seems to be happening more frequently.  Also, the app is not in sync with the fifteen minute refresh information and is not giving points and clearing out the triple streaks, when bikes are removed just before the system updates.  The ride may show that you removed the bike at 29 minutes after the hour when the station needed bikes removed but it will use the information which should not be applicable until 30 minutes after the hour.  Also, more bike credits are disappearing than have been used and I did not receive my ebike credits this month.