Forum Discussion

nicky
Resourceful Rider
3 months ago

Abrupt Cancellation of Lyft Pink All Access Membership (linked to Chase Sapphire Reserve)

I originally received my 2-year Lyft Pink All Access membership through my Chase Sapphire Reserve card, which also got me into the Bike Angels program. Using Bike Angels points, I extended my membership to at least July 2025.

However, after canceling my Chase Reserve card yesterday, my Lyft Pink membership was abruptly canceled too!

I still have 380 points in my points bank. Reached out to Lyft support, and they said a specialized team would get in touch, but I haven’t heard back from anyone yet.

9 Replies

Jess
    Bike Angels Team

Hi there, nicky, thanks for visiting the community to post about your membership. I'm sorry you're having this issue after cancelling your card. I understand that your Chase perk membership was extended with Bike Angels rewards, and your BA profile is no longer active. 

To be a Bike Angel, you have to have an active membership. If your membership ends, your points bank and Bike Angels profile will become available when your membership is resumed. You won't lose any points. 

The Lyft Pink benefits that come with the Chase Sapphire Reserve membership are conditional on having that credit card active and as a payment method on your Lyft account.

When your card was cancelled, the Lyft Pink perk and its benefits were also cancelled. To resume Bike Angels, you'll need to restart your membership of Lyft Pink annual or Divvy annual. 

I understand this means you may have lost some extension rewards. Once your membership is reactivated, connect with a member of the Bike Angels Team here, and we'll work on getting those extensions added to your new membership. 😊

nicky
      Resourceful Rider

Hi Jess ! Thanks for your reply.

After reading the terms and conditions again for the Chase offer, I do see that it says the membership would be cancelled if the card is no longer linked to my profile. In hindsight, I wish I hadn’t extended that membership and accepted the third-year $99 offer. Is there still an option for me to accept that offer?

Additionally, I attempted to sign up for Lyft Pink All Access but was unsuccessful because I currently have an active Lyft Pink Basic free trial. Is there any way you can convert my free trial to an All Access membership? I appreciate all your help :)

Jess
        Bike Angels Team

Happy to help! Generally, if you re-add an eligible Chase card, the perk membership would become available again. It sounds like you're referring to the automatic 50% discounted membership that Chase memberships transition into. If so, adding your Chase card and resuming that membership would eventually be a 50% discounted membership for the first year. 

I'm not able to transition your existing membership to an all-access one, and this may pose an issue when trying to re-add your Chase membership. Let me know if you’d like me to end your current free trial so you can take advantage of another offer.  nicky 

nicky
      Resourceful Rider

JessThanks for your help, I'll successful activated a new Lyft Pink membership. Can you help getting those extensions added to my new membership. 😊 Thanks!

Jess
        Bike Angels Team

Thanks for following up. Glad you got it all worked out. We just added eight weeks of membership extensions to your new membership! Your new membership renewal/expiration date is 09/23/26. 😊

rdonehow
    Resourceful Rider

If you cancel the Chase Sapphire Reserve card after year 1, do you still get the full 2 years of Lyft All Access Pink?  Or do you have to renew the card for the 2nd year in order to get the 2nd year of All Access Pink?  

Remco
      Bike Angels Team

The All Access Pink is conditional on having an active Chase Sapphire Reserve card linked to your account. As soon as the card is cancelled, the Lyft Pink Membership liked to the account will get revoked automatically.