Forum Discussion

tankale
Resourceful Rider
2 months ago

E-bike credits not refundable if applied to e-bike ride that never happened?

Last night I was moving bikes  from a station that only had e-bikes left to a neighboring station. One of the e-bikes was stuck in the dock and even though the ride started going on the app the e-bike was never able to come out of the dock.  As per citi bike support I was told that there would be no charges for this ride. However, 1 hour 9 minutes later I received a notification that I was charged   $10.12 in e-bike credit for this ride. Moreover, since only e-bikes were available at this station and I was unlocking this e-bike with my key (which is pre-set to low assist option) the first 45 minutes of that ride were supposed to be free, yet I was charged $4.50 plus tax in e-bike credit for this.

Today I called citi bike and while they acknowledged that this ride never happened and I should not be charged for it they stated that e-bike credit that was applied cannot be refunded as per citibike policy.  Also they said the issue cannot be escalated and they cannot tell me where I can see this policy.

Is this true? Is there any way to resolve this?

When this same issue occurred a few months ago citibike did refund my e-bike credit but this time they said it is against their policy.  As bike angels should we not be using e-bike credit at all due to this policy change?

• Hey there, tankale, thank you for visiting the community to share your experiences. I'm sorry that you had this issue while moving bikes! I understand the ride was refunded, but your credits weren't restored.

We certainly don't want you to lose your rewards! I've added a credit to your account for the amount used on that ride and a little extra. This also sparked some internal conversations with our support team. We're always looking to improve the support experience and BA program. Thank you for your contributions to the community and your dedication to Bike Angels! 

4 Replies

2WG-4WB
    Steady Solver

That stinks. I hope the helpful people here resolve this for you 😀

Jess
    Bike Angels Team

Hey there, tankale, thank you for visiting the community to share your experiences. I'm sorry that you had this issue while moving bikes! I understand the ride was refunded, but your credits weren't restored.

We certainly don't want you to lose your rewards! I've added a credit to your account for the amount used on that ride and a little extra. This also sparked some internal conversations with our support team. We're always looking to improve the support experience and BA program. Thank you for your contributions to the community and your dedication to Bike Angels! 

tankale
      Resourceful Rider

Thank you, Jess, for solving this issue.  I truly appreciate your help.

Jess
        Bike Angels Team

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to make it right! My apologies that it took a little longer than we want our Angels to wait. I hope you'll return to the community if you have any questions in the future.