Forum Discussion

CO008
Casual Commenter
6 months ago

Re: Introduce yourself!

Today, I noticed something on my app I guess: My pickup/drop-off points reset from 3x to 1x within 10 or so hours without me committing the any act to warrant it. A glitch or so, I suppose. Also my first post on the BA community forum. I just decided to visit for the first time this community forum I had been told about long before by other angels I meet on the road just for exploration, not necessarily to report this this. Greetings to all!
  • Hi everyone! It's me again! I had posted earlier today morning about how I woke up early this morning planning to embark on the routine of racking up a 'few' bike Angel points only to notice that my app shows only 1x yet I had ended the previous night streak less than 10 hours earlier with a 3x. Had it not been that I had taken screenshot of this unexpected change, I would have doubted my observation, for shortly after I went out and pickef a bike, my app then showed 3x. I guessed it's because I had called Citi bike support line to report a charge on my account due to a documented mechanical problem I had experienced the day before. And that when the charge was dismissed, 3x was also reinstated.. which still doesn't explain well my observation with the 1x vs 3x. One point I'm driving at is ... This Bike Angel forum,. as much as the underlying idea is great... is not user-friendly. I failed to locate the maiden post I had made earlier ...so I have to startt this narrative from scratch!

2 Replies

CO008
    Casual Commenter
    Hi everyone! It's me again! I had posted earlier today morning about how I woke up early this morning planning to embark on the routine of racking up a 'few' bike Angel points only to notice that my app shows only 1x yet I had ended the previous night streak less than 10 hours earlier with a 3x. Had it not been that I had taken screenshot of this unexpected change, I would have doubted my observation, for shortly after I went out and pickef a bike, my app then showed 3x. I guessed it's because I had called Citi bike support line to report a charge on my account due to a documented mechanical problem I had experienced the day before. And that when the charge was dismissed, 3x was also reinstated.. which still doesn't explain well my observation with the 1x vs 3x. One point I'm driving at is ... This Bike Angel forum,. as much as the underlying idea is great... is not user-friendly. I failed to locate the maiden post I had made earlier ...so I have to startt this narrative from scratch!
      Jess
      Bike Angels Team

Hi, CO008, welcome to the Bike Angels Community! 🎉 I moved your posts here since it has a help question. These posts were originally included in a reply to this post. Thanks for your feedback about using the community. We're always looking for ways to make it easier for members to get help, and your feedback about the site experience is invaluable. 👼

Looking at your support history, I see you had an issue with when docking the bike that you reported to support. You're absolutely correct that this issue with docking the bike interfered with your active streak. I'm super sorry this happened! Thank you for reporting it.

The ride that you contacted about was neutral, but it appeared to end your streak since you weren't able to dock your bike. Since that bike didn't end at a station as expected, the system read this as a reason to break your streak, but you were able to keep taking rides that extended that streak. It sounds like you couldn't see that on your end until the ride with the dock issue finally ended at 11:18p.  Looking at your last three rides on 1/29 around 9pm, it looks like they were positive and successfully extended your existing streak (which started with your ride on 1/28 at 3:23p). You earned 15 points for these three rides. Please let me know if there is anything else we can help with.