Forum Discussion

Ilike2bike
Hustlin' Helper
2 years ago

Reporting Problems with Bikes

It used to be easier to report flat tires, missing seats or some other issue with bikes. Now it's not possible unless you contact customer service, which in itself drives me bananas sometimes. You used to be able to rate & write a comment after each ride, now you can't. They give you a few choices to report, but they don't include many issues like flat tires, brake problems etc.

• The best way to report issues with a bike that is to press the wrench button on the dock after you've returned the bike. After you press the wrench button you should receive an email that asks you what is wrong with a bike that is more in-depth and has a free text field in case the issue does not match any of the bubbles. As a rule of thumb I wrench any bike that has issues that are safety hazards (think brakes, lights), make a bike completely unrideable (like a completely loose basket I ran into last week) or that would me not want to ride a bike even if it was the only bike in a dock.

When I spot an issue with a bike in a station I often quickly rent and wrench it so that I get the wrench report (as a matter of fact I did that this morning). 

12 Replies

Remco
    Bike Angels Team

The best way to report issues with a bike that is to press the wrench button on the dock after you've returned the bike. After you press the wrench button you should receive an email that asks you what is wrong with a bike that is more in-depth and has a free text field in case the issue does not match any of the bubbles. As a rule of thumb I wrench any bike that has issues that are safety hazards (think brakes, lights), make a bike completely unrideable (like a completely loose basket I ran into last week) or that would me not want to ride a bike even if it was the only bike in a dock.

When I spot an issue with a bike in a station I often quickly rent and wrench it so that I get the wrench report (as a matter of fact I did that this morning). 

Ilike2bike
      Hustlin' Helper

If it's a pickup spot, how long do you have to undock & redock without losing a streak? I tried asking customer service, but they didn't seem to understand my question.

RickyDee
        Steady Solver

Taking and redocking a bike at the same station will have no effect on your booster streak.

2WG-4WB
    Steady Solver

Maybe you have had one of those mystical "upgrades" on your app.
    I still get to report issues after each ride on the version on the app currently on my phone.

Ilike2bike
      Hustlin' Helper

Yesterday I encountered a bike without a seat, another one with a flat tire. The closest issue I could pick was "vandalized", but I don't know if that's what happened. If the brakes are dead there's no way to instantly report that either.

2WG-4WB
        Steady Solver

hmm, I don't remember the details of the options , i will see soon.
        But does it matter? if you are taking a bike out of service- maybe the reason isn't important for the techs to know. not a bad idea for a bike to be actually inspected ?! if you hit "flat tire" and the brakes are also busted then......

• The problem is there are some in  between issues where you don't want to remove from service , but you don't want to give 4 or 5 stars either, but the system won't let you give 2- 3 stars without picking a bubble that usually doesn't cover the issue. 

Ilike2bike
    Hustlin' Helper

If I can't specify flat tire , the person inspecting it may not notice the flat tire & assume there's no problem.