Forum Discussion

topheru
Casual Commenter
2 years ago

What's going on with the points system right now?

Seems like a massive amount of stations changed to drop off points recently and I'm having a hard time finding neutral or pick up points stations. I love the program and am usually willing to go a little out of my way to find a pick up points spot, but now it's at the point where sometimes I have to walk 30 min to find even a neutral station.

Is the algorithm for assigning points values glitching? Some stations that have a ton of bikes and very few open docks are showing drop off points. Take this screenshot for example. The station on the left with one drop off point has 25 bikes and 5 open docks. While the station a minute away on the right is neutral with 17 open docks and only 8 bikes. This makes no sense.

Again, I love the program, but this makes it feel less like we're "angels" balancing the system, and more like we're just randomly moving bikes wherever a faulty computer determines.

• topheru Dan1 kwalk21 Hey there, thanks for posting about this issue in the community. I apologize for the delay in reply from the Bike Angels Team. 

I saw this issue when it was posted, and I've been lurking here and in some internal conversations that I suspect might be related to the changes you all are reporting. I'm thinking this could be related to an identified bug our teams are investigating. That issue was isolated and has been resolved, but it could have resulted in the issues you described. 

Are you still noticing things being significantly off? I want to make sure that things are working as intended. 

6 Replies

kwalk21
    Casual Commenter

Reading between the line and on some twitter comments, it seems like they got rid of most/all of their "valet" service which were paid people to redistribute the bikes in large batches at a time. In my area every bike is a pickup station. Sometimes hard to even find a station to drop off at at all because the 1 parking spot listed on the app is broken

Ilike2bike
      Hustlin' Helper

I've noticed that my area is mostly pick ups too & regarding a chronicly broken dock, is there a way to report the specific dock?

BikeAngelsTeam
        Community Manager

Hey! If there's an issue with a specific dock, let us know and we'll report it to our operations team to check out. 

Jess
    Bike Angels Team

topheru Dan1 kwalk21 Hey there, thanks for posting about this issue in the community. I apologize for the delay in reply from the Bike Angels Team. 

I saw this issue when it was posted, and I've been lurking here and in some internal conversations that I suspect might be related to the changes you all are reporting. I'm thinking this could be related to an identified bug our teams are investigating. That issue was isolated and has been resolved, but it could have resulted in the issues you described. 

Are you still noticing things being significantly off? I want to make sure that things are working as intended. 

topheru
      Casual Commenter

Thanks for looking into this, Jess. I haven't noticed those issues this past week.

Dan1
    Resourceful Rider

I’ve noticed the same thing. Seems like the system went haywire a couple weeks ago