Forum Discussion

jm
Hustlin' Helper
5 hours ago

Will Divvy Bike Key Work With Citibike?

In Chicago/Divvy, we can use the bike key or the Divvy app to unlock bikes.

With an All Access Pass, will my Divvy provided bike key work with Citibike?

What's popular in New York City, the bike key, or the app?

We posted earlier how we changed from using the bike key to the app to help  prevent losing boost at the 15 minute marks.

Thank you

• Hi there! Thank you for reaching out! The key is connected to your account and should work to unlock bikes in another region I.e. from Chicago to NYC. You will also maintain the All Access membership perks when traveling to other regions. Some riders enjoy using the app to unlock bikes and others prefer the bike key. It's totally up to you! We hope this information helps and please feel free to reach out if there is further support we can provide! 

• Apologies, we just heard back from the team and unfortunately, the bike key associated with your account will only work in the region it is associated with. So if the key is for Divvy it will not work for Citibike. We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused! Let us know if there is further support we can provide. 

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

Okay. Thanks? 

I'm just joking. So it looks like once we get to Citibike and start testing out all these features, we'll finally have the definitive answers on this?