Forum Discussion

jm
Hustlin' Helper
28 days ago

Joyriders and All Access

Regarding the Joyriders 15-minute extension for classic bike rides.

Remco previously wrote:

"The Lyft Pink upsell/included benefits message is not aware of your Joyrider status. If you have Joyrider status, you'll get an additional 15 minutes on classic bike rides for both membership types."

Link:
Will Lyft Pink Access All Market? | Bike Angels

I currently have the Joyrider perk and an All-Access Pass, and the Citibike app still shows a 45-minute ride limit, while the Divvy app correctly shows 60 minutes.

Can you clarify this, please?

Based on Remco's post, we thought the 45-minute limit was only reflected in the "Lyft Pink upsell/included benefits message," and once approved as a Lyft All-Access Pass member, the Citibike app would update to reflect the full 60 minutes.

I understand that promotional messaging did not recognize my Joyrider status, but now that I'm a confirmed Lyft All-Access Pass member, shouldn't the Citibike app reflect the 60 minutes per Remco's explanation?

• The best I can figure out is the Joy Rider from Divi does not transfer to All Access, and I need to get 250 points on the Citbike to get the Joyriders benefits in New York.

Joyrider in Divvy, 60 minutes ,  All Access  in NYC, 45 minutes

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

New York was great. Better than great. We’re thinking about moving there, already checking out StreetEasy and dreaming about it.

What we really liked was how people make eye contact when you're biking, and the way cyclists and drivers seem to communicate in Manhattan.

The Avenues protected bike lanes are useful, you can easily ride from lower Manhattan all the way up to 110th Street pretty fast. It just feels easy to get around.

I noticed a lot of streets also have protected bike lanes, which is really nice. I didn’t get yelled at too much for going the wrong way in the bike lanes either, and riding over the bridges was exhilarating. We could go back and forth on those bridges all day.

The manual bikes were in decent shape, though some were a bit beat up. The e-bikes seemed to be in better condition, and the docks are nice overall, except for that A-B dock situation – trying to fit a bike in-between was a hassle. And of course, finding an empty dock can be a problem since a lot of the stations are full.

Compared to Chicago, the Points for Bike Angels in New York weren’t as generous, but on the plus side, the docking stations are much closer together, and there are more of them overall.

The elephant in the room is the cost. You really need a lot of Lyft credits because we spent hundreds of dollars on CitiBikes, just using them for a few hours a day. It adds up quickly, so Lyft credits are essential.

Even if we lived in New York, I think it would be hard to earn as many Bike Angels points as in Chicago. I didn’t do as much BA as I planned, but it still seems almost impossible to match Chicago's numbers in the same amount of time.

And then there's Lyft. We took a one-mile ride in Manhattan, and it cost $69 for less than 15 minutes. (pic)

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

The best I can figure out is the Joy Rider from Divi does not transfer to All Access, and I need to get 250 points on the Citbike to get the Joyriders benefits in New York.

Joyrider in Divvy, 60 minutes ,  All Access  in NYC, 45 minutes

Jess
      Bike Angels Team

Okay, jm , thanks for following up. We're happy to review any charges for rides where you should have gotten a perk added. We want you to enjoy all your perks during your vacaction that you do at home. Just let us know which rides you want to review. Our team will be happy to review rides and get to the bottom of this. 

jm
        Hustlin' Helper

Thanks Jess. Much appreciate. 

Here's an 80 minute classic ride, that started charging me at the 45 minute mark, resulting in 35 minutes charged at .24/minute.

The GUESTS, still under the membership umbrella, was also charged after the 45 minute mark 

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

Hi 

I was thinking, a definitive answer to the question would help if something needed to be tweaked. Only because, if the fix comes after my trip, the benefit will be lost.

Citibike app is showing 45 mins for classic bike. Pedal Joy people get 60 minutes. My Divvy app is showing 60 minutes, my Citibike  app only 45.

If there are other Joy Riders here that have an All Access  Membership, are you showing 60 minutes in the Citibike app when you select a station?  Because 60 minutes Classic is a perk of Joy Rider status.

Maybe things will reset once I'm in NYC with the GPS up and running  

Thank you 

marlene03

Hi jm !

We're sorry to hear you're still experiencing this issue. If things aren't working as they should, feel free to track your rides. Once you're back, reach out to us, and we’ll be glad to investigate what’s going on and find a solution for you.

Jess
    Bike Angels Team

Hey, jm thanks for calling attention to this! Do you mind copying this info in a reply to Remco in your original post? That way all the context will be in that original thread, and Remco will be notified. Any screenshots you have would also be helpful, although I know you are typically good at sharing screenshots of what you see. 😀