Forum Discussion

CT953
Steady Solver
2 months ago

JULY REWARDS will there be a delay of payment like last month

August 8th

No payment from Tremendous yet for July rewards.  Are delayed payments now the new norm?

sastrugi
    Resourceful Rider

JessIs there any update about the delayed payment for July, as well as what the new norm will be? Some communication would help to alleviate concern and frustration. thanks

kozmikdj
      Resourceful Rider

JessWhat is the status of July payments? Bike Angels community members devote significant time and energy to moving bikes around with the understanding that we will be able to redeem points for rewards. We might choose to spend our time differently if Lyft/Bike Angels has now abandoned its commitment to providing timely payments. Will you please let us know what's going on? Thank you. 

conrad
        Resourceful Rider

Finally received mine fifteen minutes ago.

Jess
    Bike Angels Team

Update: all Tremendous emails were delivered on 8/21. 

Thank you for posting in the community to create a thread for other Angels that might be looking for information about rewards timing. I apologize that Tremendous emails for July’s rewards are later than usual. While I can’t provide an exact date you can expect the email, I can assure you that your rewards will arrive as soon as possible.

We understand the importance of receiving your rewards in a timely manner, and I want you to know we’re working internally to improve the cash rewards fulfillment process in an effort to avoid any future delays during peak season/in the future. 

conrad
      Resourceful Rider

Today is the 19th, so at best rewards will now be two weeks late. What's going on? You haven't posted an update in ten days and it didn't even tell us anything. Is there a new payment schedule? Some other issue with rewards?

conrad
      Resourceful Rider

A week after we usually receive payments and still no email or update. What's going on?

CT953
        Steady Solver

Remember last month how many messages were sent that "we are on it and trying to resolve the situation"

Now nothing.

CT953
    Steady Solver

Hi Jess

I know that you are only the messenger.  The phrase " Thoughts and prayers" posted on social media after a school shooting resonates though.  Translating the coded message to the problem is not our problem thus there is no problem.

As we have recently seen in the news as of late  disruptive apps, labored by gig workers and run by salaried management, an established payment date has no meaning nor regulatory enforcement. Upper management does not care if payment to gig workers is delayed or even paid because there in no immediate penalty recourse and settling out of court avoids court ruling that prove guilt

What management does care about is their salary directed deposited into their bank accounts on Thursdays twice a month. Nor would they want their sick days, pto days, vacation days and federal holidays not be paid along with company insurance, retirement matching programs and stock options to disappear.