Forum Discussion

jm
Hustlin' Helper
3 days ago

Jess' "Bike Angels Beginner FAQ"

Jess' "Bike Angels Beginner FAQ" is a helpful addition to this forum, but it would benefit greatly (and is key to the Bike Angels experience) if it also addressed common problems and glitches people might encounter, along with options for resolutions (which are currently quite limited ).

Aside from the expected technical issues, the real problem is the lack of support and the frustration of uncredited points.

In the old days, they'd look it up, realize that an error was made, give you the points, and you move on. Those days are long gone.

Lyft X ignores the facts and data presented, and refuses to explain why, then ignores any further communication.

The phone support, while friendly, is now 100% unhelpful.

They might keep you on the line for 30 minutes only to tell you the station was down, without crediting your points, and then refer you to email support.

Aside from Jess, the email support is the best, but their communication is slow and cumbersome.

Despite taking great care, I frequently lose points for legitimate rides and have given up on complaining.

In Chicago, Divvy allows e-Bikes to be parked out of stations, and they're scattered all over the city. I track them down, often finding them in obscure locations.

Returning these e-bikes to mainstream areas is crucial for the system’s health, but e-Bikes out of stations also carry the highest risk of not getting credited points.

Abandoned near the lake shore trail.

Scooters are not allowed on the lakeshore trail. As you approach, the scooters automatically stops and people just leave the bikes there. It's a long, expensive ride back to a docking station.

Jess
    Bike Angels Team

Hi, jm, thank you for sharing your experiences seeking support for issues with Bike Angels rides. I understand that Angels feel the pain of common systems issues most, since they take so many rides. I appreciate you sharing your perspective about seeking support for these issues and moving ebikes back to stations. 

I will share this feedback with our support team leaders to help us understand how we can improve resolutions for Bike Angels issues in all channels. If you have any recent rides or support experiences you want me to review, feel free to share the date and time of the ride, and I'll take a look. 

I appreciate the kudos about the recent FAQ article. I agree that calling attention to common pitfalls would be helpful for new Angels as well as provide valuable insights to inform future improvements to the support experience. Of course, I welcome members to discuss common nuances or errors using the system. 

CT953
    Steady Solver

Unfortunately giving bike angels a monthly statement of bike rides accumulated in a 30 day period would establish an employee/ employer relationship for those who receive a 1099 from Lyft will not happen

This would would go against Lyft business model not having employees but "spirited" gig workers who have no rights and deserve no communication.  Complaints will be heard, put a pin in that, and circle back around! 

jm
    Hustlin' Helper

Thanks Jess. We can always count on you and the team here to support the Bike Angels, thank you.

Sure, every single time I miss getting points it's documented, but I didn't want to bother you with that. So I would first try to reach out to the Lyft X then I tried calling in once, and I have a documented 30 minute phone call that ended up with zero resolve

They keep telling me that they're going to forward it to the email people, but email people never contacted me.

When I have sent emails they were pretty generous with the solution, which I'll explain.

When you go to credits and coupons, there's always a pitch. If you use your Mastercard 3 times you'll get 5 bucks   

Well, I did that and I didn't get the five bucks, and I found out that it was because it only applies to Lyft rides

Now, Now that's fair enough, but I'm in the Divvy app, so I'm assuming it's a bike ride, but when I sent the message over to X the first time they credited me the money, the second time they sent me back and said Hey, read the terms and conditions, and you don't get it,

So the issue is the inconsistency. Maybe they just saw that I wasn't supposed to get it and gave you the money but didn't bother to explain, or they don't even look at what we're telling them, which is what I think is going on, because i've sent them absolute proof of errors before  and they just say, no

So even though the X people said no, and told me to read the terms and conditions, because the X people had given me the 5 bucks before when I asked the previous time it didn't come through, and the request was already written out with the proof, and I thought it was unfair to put that offer right in the middle of a BA app rewards window when it didn't even apply to the BA, I sent the request over to the email people anyway. 

They told me the same thing, but they gave me the 5 bucks to be nice.

The funny thing I mean, we're talking about 12 points here and there, Sure, it builds up over time, but how much money are we actually talking about? It's nowhere near a hundred points, and that's only $20.

Sure. Not getting the points bothers me, but what bothers me more is the hardship I have trying to prove to people that I should have gotten them. Whereas before it was much easier for the proof to be accepted.

Anyway